View Full Version : the wave needs help

beavis89
01-03-2007, 02:03 AM
i need to add foam
i tried dabbing it on but it looks to grainy
any suggestions?

D Akey
01-03-2007, 06:31 AM
There are some cool ways to do what you're asking, but it really depends on what look you're going for. Heck, I like the painterly, strokey look.

One way, adjust up the paper tooth for this new layer you will be painting on. Use the crayon or pastel. Remember you can erase back to a clean forward edge. Could give it that porous foamy look.

And you could thereafter smudge bits back in the directions that the wave is curling.

Another way would be to mess around with the glitter in a non-metalic setting. Keep the spread and size of the dots down, and erase back into that to clean it up.

Remember, you can adjust transparency if you need to.

All depends what you're after. Trying it out is pretty easy and lossless if you have saved versions.

You may come up with something even better just from trying.

Good luck!

Oh, and you'll probably want to make that bit where the wave is picking up the light through it -- may want to make that a little brighter when you get to it.

You're doing great so far.

Study your original carefully. It will tell you what for sure works.

:D :D :D

beavis89
01-03-2007, 08:22 AM
thank you d akey.
art rage is different from canvas and oils,
textures are harder to convey on a digital canvas.
i'll finish this work later but in the mean time look for my new work
"the lake" in the gallery.

i always appreciate feedback

milowerx
01-18-2007, 07:47 PM
I am new to ArtRage but I have found so far that the Pallet Knife works great for softening those strokey kind of daubs that are produced some times. That knife is my best friend.