PDA

View Full Version : License question...

willtre
01-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I bought artrage full off kagi last night and just finished installing it on my computer and burning it to a CD for backup. But, Before I do anything that could lock my license am I aloud to install it on my other 2 computers? (Living room, Basement). I know I've got software locked before for doing this :roll:; but I'm the only one who has access to these computers and they're all mine and in my house.

AndyRage
01-02-2007, 08:40 PM
I'll send you a reply in private message.

Diam0nd
01-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I'll send you a reply in private message.
Can I have an answer as well please? Since I got a desktop (in my room) and a laptop (which I usually use when im in other rooms, when watching tv, etc) at my place, and I use both. And well, I'd like to know whether I can use AR at both PCs.

Thank you in advance,
Diam0nd.

willtre
01-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Dunno how much he wants to pass on if he hasn't yet, but nothing in the license doesn't allow you. But, Don't use the updater without wating a day between both systems basically,

AndyRage
01-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Strictly, according to the terms of the license, that's not quite true. The license gives you the right to install and use one copy of ArtRage.
But the grey area is that if you've installed it on, say, your home computer and your laptop, you're likely only using one copy at a time. (We wouldn't enforce you to uninstall and reinstall every time you moved from your desktop to your laptop).
If someone was using your copy of ArtRage on your desktop machine while you were using it on your laptop, you would be breaking the license agreement.
Auto-updating if you have installed in more than one place is likely to cause you problems - our update server can be quite strict about multiple attempts on the same license key.