PDA

View Full Version : Uploaded photo's have been cropped!!

DOGMAN
05-31-2011, 02:23 PM
When I upload photo's to ArtRage on my ipad2, the images appear cropped in that the top of a head will be missing and/or another
part of an image will of also been cropped.
I've checked other art apps and the images are fine. Any solutions please. Thanks.

MattRage
05-31-2011, 10:14 PM
We're looking in to this at the moment and will post an update as soon as we have more information.

Edit: Aaaand we have more information: Problem located and fixed, will be solved in the next update (submitted and awaiting review currently), thanks for the information.

In the meantime, you could import photos to a layer in a painting that has already been created. That allows you to scale them before okaying the application of the image to the layer.

DaveRage
06-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Version 1.1.6 has just been released, so if you update now, you should no longer have the problem. Thanks for reporting it!

Kluv32
06-12-2011, 10:07 AM
I could be wrong (I'm relatively new to using Art Rage), but whenever I attempt to use some photos for reference, they still end up cropped. This seems to be mainly photos I have taken with my DSLR and imported to my iPad, not, say, smaller resolution photos that I have scanned.

Any help would be appreciated.

DaveRage
06-12-2011, 10:28 PM
This appears to relate to how we crop down larger images to save memory on the iPad and probably relates to some changes made to allow the support of larger images on the iPad 2. We've managed to duplicate the problem here and will write a fix for it.

In the meantime, you should find that any images of up to 2000 x 2000 pixels should still work correctly when imported as reference images and tracing images. Sorry for the inconvenience.