PDA

View Full Version : Seasons Greetings

Boxy
12-22-2006, 10:15 PM
To all who make it and all who use it (discounting those who don't celebrate Christmas)
Merry Christmas, let your eyes be pained by a silly little doodle :)
Boxy

http://www.savbox.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/posts/Xmas2.jpg

D Akey
12-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Very fun and seasonal. I feel like they're permanent Christmas packages holding pens and art tools. Lift the upper portion and there's tools for creativity.

Thanks. :D :D :D

Boxy
12-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks, just an quick odd thing really - they're some Russian dolls we have out but I like your idea better :)
Boxy

PVIllustration
12-23-2006, 08:36 PM
nice painting :)

merry christmas and wishes for a happy newyear to you too boxy and ofcourse the same to all of the artrage dev team + forum!

Selby
12-23-2006, 09:32 PM
lovely one Boxy...i like the russian dolls and i also love the way you did the light behind them..simply but so suggestive..good stuff :D

Selby

Boxy
12-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks PVIllustration and Selby. The background in my ref was an out of focus christmas tree but my hands decided they wanted to do these odd circle things - I swear they have a mind of their own sometimes, but I liked the effect anyway. :) Merry Christmas to you.
Boxy

sweeneymini
12-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Great piccy 8) I knew it was a Christmas tree in the background :D

Merry Christmas to all the ArtRagers, Tyco and of course, all the Ambient Cru :D

justG
12-24-2006, 01:28 AM
I didn't know it was a Christmas tree, but it's a perfect background. In any case, I *love* this image, especially the bottom of the dolls. The bit where they rest on the surface, with the shadow and the bit of distance between them and the background. The sharp definition there and the depth is awesome. I also love the bit where you've "cut" into them to show where they open. The highlight and shadow there are awesome there, perfectly indicating depth.

Oh, and thank you. Warmest greetings of the season to you as well. =)

Boxy
12-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I think ArtRage2 has to be the find of the year for me. Its got me thinking about drawing again instead of all the myriad of uncreative and frankly, dull but necessary stuff that inevitably goes with 3D Illustration. I find myself just doodling in ArtRage for the sheer pleasure of it.
Boxy