PDA

View Full Version : Santa's in the house!

drzeller
12-21-2006, 02:12 PM
This was not in AR (argh!), but I wanted to share because I think it looks pretty good. My nephew wanted a picture of Santa in their house to "prove" that he really exists. It seems kids at school are starting to doubt. So, we took a picture of the house and doctored it up a bit - obviously adding a Santa. I think it has great atmosphere, and shows a very sleepy Santa!

The Santa body was added, but the chair was there, so I had to resize and "adjust" Santa to fit into the scene correctly. He was at a lower resolution, so he was stratched and prodded quite a bit. I heard him say Rudolph's last prostate exam was less annoying... Anyhow, his color was pure red and white, so I altered some tinting and shadowing to him. I also added the shadow behind him on the chair. Of course, I added the words as well, which were red with a satin finish applied, black drop shadow, and golden inner glow. I had to remove noise from the picture (long exposure issues) and fix some areas of low contrast. I left the "light blur" as removing it was proving very difficult. Beside, it added some nice atmosphere.

One more thing... he wanted elves, too. We decided that an elf took the picture while Santa rested.

Enjoy,
David

D Akey
12-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Ho ho ho! Wonderful and charming. The treasury department should probably be keeping an eye on you. Pretty convincing counterfeit Santa scene!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cripster
12-21-2006, 08:05 PM
i like it, i like doing things like adding stuff to pictures its really cool

Selby
12-21-2006, 08:19 PM
good stuff DrZ and when its for the purpose of keeping the magic of christmass alive its even better :)

by the by...is that a spanish galleon over santas shoulder in the window?

Selby

drzeller
12-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Selby

Ar, matey - twernt supposed eye that, no!

(It is actually a twisted reflection of a light.)

D.

joules
12-21-2006, 11:33 PM
I see a pair of foxes in the fireplace, the one on the left is wearing a scarf.

D Akey
12-22-2006, 01:17 AM
Mightn't you have used a faster film to accommodate the movement of the tree as it streaks into position from stage right?

Oh, and joules, I use Firefox II as my browser. So I'm looking through Firefox II to see your two fire foxes. . . too.

Amazing the lengths one has to go to in order to fool even the littlest tykes. Sophisticated.

Next year you'll need a power point presentation with spreadsheets showing how Santa manages the physics of getting to each house.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ENCHANTER
12-22-2006, 09:40 AM
oh , is this 'spot wahts in santas house' game?

okay.......the lamp is not plugged into the socket......and the little santa and rudolf near the fire place are starting to get hot :)

drzeller
12-22-2006, 01:04 PM
oh , is this 'spot wahts in santas house' game?

okay.......the lamp is not plugged into the socket......and the little santa and rudolf near the fire place are starting to get hot :)

Fun! Ironically, you got it backwards... the lamp is plugged in (you see the cords for the blinds), and the fire was put in by me, so the two fireplace guardians are actually quite cool from the draft!

But now that you mention it, it could be a fun challenge to create an image where folks have to find what is wrong. Of course, this being an AR forum, it should be drawn. My skills are with Photoshop... drats!

D.

ingie01
12-23-2006, 12:30 PM
My cup of tea, DrZ
I love to manipulate photos.

maror
12-23-2006, 02:07 PM
really great and wonderful atmo....

best

maror