PDA

View Full Version : Paintbrush Stylus for Ipad

vapsman88
01-16-2011, 03:48 AM
A new Ipad Stylus is in the works. This one is an actual brush.

Nomad Brush:
http://www.nomadbrush.com/

Hands on review:
http://mashable.com/2011/01/15/nomad-brush-ipad-stylus/

~John

eighty+
01-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi John Video good. sketch with Boxwave just beginning to get the feel of the IPad how does it look ???:D:D:D:D:D:D:D----E/S

suziQ54241
01-16-2011, 05:47 PM
WONDERFUL> ^Up^

vapsman88
01-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Great Painting, and nice composition.

~John

Rowena
01-17-2011, 07:37 PM
This looks very neat!... and I particularly like the long brush holder.
It is perhaps a little OTT to have real sable hair which is only an advantage because if its water holding capabilities, but the video does mention that the other end has synthetic hair.

Anyway it looks like a cool tool, and something I am definitely interested in :D

Suha
01-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Now I will talk with my husband:mad:
This must be his gift to me:D

nartist
01-27-2011, 01:00 AM
I remember the big "preview" for Microsoft Surface that showed the use of brushes in this way. I think that would require a touch system that would react perfectly to a brush tip down to the bristle level. Size and pressure sensitivity. That's down the road. Obviously, this "brush" would give you very little advantage on the iPad over a standard bubble stylus. It affords you slightly better visibility of your stroke and possibly takes longer to wear out. I'm guessing that's about it.

smoque
03-30-2011, 08:33 AM
I've had the iclickly fo a few months. It is a brush. I believe the brisles are impregnated with the same propertiesvas the sponge of a pogo sketch.

momodot
05-20-2011, 07:59 PM
I had a Pogo stylus and some others from the start but never used them over the finger but I just got my Nomad brush and it is very nice. It is different working from the wrist or arm with it. Very much like real painting. In the beginning though I had to fight the impulse to press down and instead use a light touch as with real world watercolors even when using ArtRage oil brush, chalk etc. but I quickly got used to it. Also, the control is fine enough I can draw in pencil and select my colors and operate brush controls etc. with it. I tried it with the Inspire app on my iPod Touch and it was very nice even on that small screen. Very natural feeling and I have had no trouble using it for fine work.