PDA

View Full Version : png transparency

sberton
01-04-2011, 07:54 PM
I am a user of ArtRage on PC and just found the Ipad app, I'm thrilled as I love the program. I do have a question and I have been searching for days to see if this is possible. Is there any way to import and export (to ipads photo library) png images and retain their transparency? I have many png images made in PS and Artrage I would like to use on my Ipad.

MattRage
01-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Images in the iPad photo library are stored in their own format and formatted for it on import, so I suspect that if you added a PNG with transparency to the library it would lose the transparency.

The easiest way to get the images in to ArtRage may be to convert them to PTG and drag them in to the ArtRage slot in the iPad's File Sharing space in iTunes. That will add them to the ArtRage gallery and allow them to be loaded as files.

sberton
01-05-2011, 03:24 AM
Thank you Matt, that worked ! I also found that if you transfer png files into your ipad library wirelessly through an app they still hold their transparency. They don't look right in your saved ipad photo folder but import into ArtRage correctly. This will certainly come in handy for scrapbooking on Ipad. Could open up a new use for your program.