PDA

View Full Version : 1.04 crashed and lost an hour's work

JaneHorton
12-11-2010, 07:06 PM
I started using ArtRage yesterday for the first time. I think it's an amazing tool and for sure I will be using it and stretching it to the limit, I am a mixed media fiend. However, my confidence has been rocked since, working on a sketch today, starting with a sketch imported from a photo made from zenbrush, then added paint using the watercolour brush. I used crayon, the roller and back to crayon. Then the controls to save the image disappeared and it froze. When I powered my iPad down it had of course vanished on my return because I stupidly had not given it a name and saved it. Shame though, I was pleased with the sketch. Know why? Clearly I will save frequently now, but all the same this is disappointing.....

MattRage
12-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Sorry to hear about the problem, it's not something we're familiar with but we will see if we can replicate it here. Had you rebooted the iPad recently? It's possible that this kind of error could relate to memory and if the iPad had not been rebooted that could contribute to the problem. We want to try and make sure we track down these situations and prevent them occurring however so I'll see what we can find here.

Thanks for the information, it helps us track down problems and resolve them when we get detailed reports of crashes.

monsterblues
12-15-2010, 07:11 PM
For me v1.0.4 has a problem where it just exits suddenly. It happens after trying to undo or moving a layer. I've made it a habit to save frequently so I haven't really lost a lot of work, but I feel your pain Jane.

v1.0.3 seemed much more stable. I don't know if there is a way to revert the installation.

MattRage
12-15-2010, 09:30 PM
We're working on this currently to see if we can replicate it and find a solution. Could you let me know if you have many apps parked when this happens? It seems like that it's a memory problem (not sure why it would happen more in 1.0.4), but parked apps take storage space and undo uses storage space so I want to see if there's a connection there as well.

Update: I've spent an hour or so painting in 1.0.4 with around 15 layers, transforming, zooming, using apps in the background and using a variety of different tools. I haven't been able to make it crash yet however so we might need to troubleshoot the specifics of your case. Could you (monsterblues, as you seem to be having more crashes) get in touch with us directly (support@ambientdesign.com) and we'll go through some troubleshooting steps to see if we can track down what's causing the problem for you.

monsterblues
12-16-2010, 04:05 AM
Cool glad to help.