PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 1.0.4

monsterblues
12-08-2010, 04:41 AM
Since updating to 1.0.4 flipping a layer horizontal also cause it to flip vertical.

Also, after about 30 minutes of drawing in the same file, triple tap no longer registers for show/hide menu bar. Triple swipes still work for undo/redo and brush size.

monsterblues
12-08-2010, 04:45 AM
I should probably mention that I keep my iPad portrait orient locked.
I'm using iOS 4.2.1.

The only way to get the menu bar back is to close the App in the multitasking bar. Then reopen it.

MattRage
12-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Thanks for letting us know about the flip problem, we've fixed it in our internal build so that will be in the next update. In the meantime, as a workaround: Flip Horizontal is flipping horizontally and vertically, so if you tap the Flip Vertical button after flip horizontal, you'll have a correctly horizontally flipped result.

Regarding the menu bar shortcut - Does this only happen if the menu bar is not visible at the time? Have you ever seen a case where the menu bar refuses to dismiss via the shortcut? That might help us narrow down the cause.

monsterblues
12-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Yeah, so far it's has only happens when the menu bar is hidden, and i can't get it back. It hasn't happened since the reboot, but I haven't had a long session just yet.

Luckily after closing the app through the multitasking bar, my file is still in the same state so I can save after.

monsterblues
12-09-2010, 02:26 AM
The opposite happened this time. Couldn't make the menu bar disappear. All other tapping and swiping gestures still work. I think it stopped working after saving a large file.

Before it happened I rebooted, and hadn't run any programs except for ArtRage.

MattRage
12-09-2010, 04:55 AM
Just to see if this relates to a previous issue with the save progress bar - when you next have this problem could you try a three finger tap in say the bottom area of the screen, away from where the save progress bar panel appears? There was a problem pre-1.0.3 with the panel interfering with MT events and it's always possible that it has returned with the iOS4.2 update.

Thanks for the information, it's very helpful in trying to track these things down!