PDA

View Full Version : Too slowly

gorec
12-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Art rage is very slow. This is iPad problem? Can I do anything?

MattRage
12-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi there,

Because ArtRage is working with a lot of data, more than just color, the application is very demanding and that can cause slowdowns. One thing that might help is to reboot your iPad: Press and hold down the Power and Home buttons. After about 5 seconds a power off slider appears, ignore it and keep holding down the two buttons until the iPad powers itself off. Then restart the device. That cleans out the system and should improve speed.

If you have other applications running such as the iPod app or other multitasking applications that may also affect performance.

gorec
12-05-2010, 10:23 PM
ok, thanks

karwaidotnet
01-29-2011, 02:59 PM
i hav tried rebooting my ipad and close all background apps but artrage still lags...just by trying to paint a large stroke it lags badly...

MattRage
01-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Because ArtRage is working with more than just colour (each paint stroke tracks the density and texture of the paint on the canvas, how wet it is, and in some cases calculates liquid dispersion) it pushes the iPad pretty much to its limits. Larger paint strokes may lag as you paint currently, but we are looking at ways to speed things up in the future.

There is also a slight gap between the end of the stroke and the input point. Because we blend colour on the canvas, the 'brush' has to pass over a point before we know what the result of blending is going to look like, so the visible end of the stroke sits slightly behind the input point until the point has moved on or stopped. This can sometimes look like lag, but is a result of how the paint calculations have to work.

As I mentioned, we're always looking for ways to speed things up and we hope to be able to improve responsiveness in the future.

Rowena
01-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi Matt, if as rumored, the forthcoming iPad does indeed have faster processing powers - would this then likely resolve the problem of lag?