PDA

View Full Version : Color Swatches Reset

monsterblues
11-28-2010, 04:28 AM
I opened up ArtRage and all my color swatches were missing. This happened to me in version 1.0.2 and now in 1.0.3.

The first time it happened (1.0.2) all my tool presets disappeared too. This time only my swatches disappeared. I can't get a repro of it. ArtRaged hasn't crashed on me, at least I didn't notice the crash. I did notice that the app usually starts with the last file you are working with, but it started to a blank canvas and the background color was reset to white.

BTW, The ability to save and load swatch groups would be nice.

MattRage
11-28-2010, 10:36 PM
If the app has restarted with a blank canvas it may have lost its settings file. The swatches are stored in there, but the presets aren't (if you lose your presets it's generally due to the entire app being removed and re-installed or similar, as the presets are stored in the app's file structure).

We've not seen the settings file get damaged during general use so far, but it's possible that there was an error reading or writing in which case the file may have been damaged. We'll look in to it and see if there's anything we can spot that might cause this. If you can think of anything unusual that happened during either leaving the app or restarting it that may relate to this.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Anders
12-22-2010, 09:38 PM
I keep getting this, too. When I open AR the painting I worked on last is opened, but the color swatches are gone. This is on 1.0.4.

Another oddity that happened was that the painting was flipped upside down. I had to go to the gallery and re-open it to get back to correct orientation.

MattRage
12-22-2010, 09:54 PM
We've been working on a new update that should address both of these issues. The color samples issue relates to final termination of the application on iOS4.2, and the orientation issue relates to the original created orientation of the painting, both issues have been resolved internally.

Due to the holiday schedule, we're not sure when the new update will be ready for store submission, but we hope to have it done soon!

suziQ54241
12-24-2010, 03:39 AM
Thanks, I've lost my swatches as well, glad to hear all will be ok!