PDA

View Full Version : Painting strokes disapear on app start

RickKC
11-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Has anyone else experienced this? Somewhere in the process of saving or closing the app, things have been lost. On one, about a third of the brush strokes on one layer disappeared. Today, the artwork on one whole layer disappeared when I reopened the app.
I am using the latest version of the app but the last version of the iOS. I'll upgrade to 4.2 now and see what happens.

MattRage
11-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Sorry to hear about the problem, could you let me know whether you had previously saved the file and where you were in the app when you closed it? Is it possible that the state that is being reloaded is an earlier save of the file?

RickKC
11-27-2010, 11:21 PM
I didn't keep good notes. I'll have to try to document it. To answer your second question, the strokes that disappeared were on the first layer I created (the sketch) and I made several painting layers below that so it seems random. Thanks for the help!

JoePhoto
11-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Rick, a workaround you may want to try is to save and duplicate the working file every so often. You'll end up with a few interim versions of your painting but it's a decent way to backup your work at a critical junction.