PDA

View Full Version : Update out

suziQ54241
10-05-2010, 03:58 AM
the boys are quick, get your first update, re: crashing and saving. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Applying it now.

cmenice
10-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks Susan.

I just applied the update this morning. There was one undesirable thing that happened. 3 or 4 of my paintings disappeared and one other was duplicated. Beware, I guess.

suziQ54241
10-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Oh Man we should always remember to pull work off first. (Or as saftey measure send to the photo roll) So sorry to hear that.

I just updated and my gallery WAS OK. GUYS I love the new save feature, off the bat. Can't wait for some painting time.

steverino365
10-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Hi suziQ54241,

I saw your work in the ArtRage Gallery - I love your paintings - great portraits and brushwork!!!

I have a Cintiq 12WX tablet and do love it but ... would like to go to a one box solution for ArtRage someday. The Cintiq is an octopus of cables and requires a separate computer.

My questions are about using the iPad.

What do you use for a stylus?
Does it support tilt and pressure?

Thanks for sharing your work,
steverino365

suziQ54241
10-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Well Steverino.... The iPad is no Cintiq. I also have the humongous one, it's about 5 years old and I love it. BUT I've got to tell you, I now do more of my work on the iPad. I do use a stylus, actually several... I have some homemade ones and the pogo and the boxwave, which by consensus seems to be the most loved for iPad. No tilt or pressure sensitivity at all which sends most artrage users running as fast as they can from the device. And an aside, I also have a modbook which does have pressure sensitivity. And I still prefer the iPad.

Why? It's light, it's ultimately portable which means I use it all the time. I sit with family at night and listen to TV, I paint while being with them. I LOVE artrage on it. Matter of fact I had stopped using rage because it no longer fit into the iPad workflow. NOW I work in AR then bring it to the cintiq to polish and use some of the brushes that are missing from the ipad version. I also love SketchBook Pro on the pad. And looking at my flickr site it takes a trained eye to see what was done on iPad or cintiq or modbook.

If you have 500 bucks, I'd say it would be money well spent. And if you don't like it there's eBay! LOL! AS for me. It's the best device I've ever had. Can it be improved, is it perfect Yes and NO. I can't wait to see what the next version brings next year.

BTW AR on computer 80 bucks. AR on iPad $7. Pretty cool.

And Thank you, for the fine compliments. I appreciate them.

steverino365
10-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Susan,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I do appreciate your appraisal of the iPad. I will wait a little while to make sure all the bugs are worked out. It does sound like a relatively inexpensive way to free myself up from the desk for some drawings.

LOL :D good point!!- I have been known to use eBay. I will put serious thought into taking the plunge and use and iPad as a sidekick to the Cintiq.

Thanks again,
Steve

suziQ54241
10-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Why wait, help iron out the bugs, I've found that's how these things get better. The app guys listen to the art guys and it's a happy family. So much different than we are used to .

Aged P
10-06-2010, 05:15 AM
Hi Steve,
I've got a Cintique octopus and dedicated computer gathering dust too.
Apple need to raise the iPad spec, but it is the future. I am sitting here in the middle of the night, painting and Tweeting and reading and writing, in a comfortable chair, disturbing no-one.

Pogo needs to be combined with Derwent pencil holder, one of Susan's ideas.
That makes it more like a brush length.

Not touched Big ArtRage since little Bro arrived.:)

Phil

suziQ54241
10-06-2010, 01:55 PM
My stylus suggestions here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/4885079515/