PDA

View Full Version : Color Sampling Problems & Oil Brush Update.

MattRage
10-05-2010, 02:39 AM
We have just uploaded a new update for review. The new update (1.0.2) will include fixes for problems color sampling in landscape modes, and color sampling from reference images, along with a fix to a problem in the oil brush introduced in 1.0.1 that stops it running out of paint regardless of Loading.

Normally we would pause for longer before sending a new build but we decided these issues required immediate attention. We are planning a future update to include feature and interface enhancements.

suziQ54241
10-05-2010, 03:30 AM
Matt thank you... I just am so happy to have art rage on my iPad... I love it with issues... I will love it even more without..... I am so happy. I hope millions are downloading the app, I tell everyone I meet to get it.

shhQuiet
10-05-2010, 05:01 AM
I hope millions are downloading the app, I tell everyone I meet to get it.

Hi Susan- I emailed you last year (I am g-s-h on flickr) and you recommended ArtRage on the Mac... I tried it out and thought it was so awesome but I did not yet have a tablet. Now with the iPad and ArtRage, it is a very nice experience, I will agree. It is inspiring me to paint, which is fun. If only the iPad were pressure sensitive- I suppose that will be the case one day...

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for recommending ArtRage. Because of trying it out on the Mac, it was an instant-buy when I saw it for the iPad.

Keep up the good work- I'm still a big fan of your art!

Regards-
Steve

robfuzz
10-19-2010, 01:57 AM
First post! I have just discovered ArtRage through the iPad and plan on buying it for my Mac. I absolutely LOVE it.
Anyway, one thing I love is being able to have present a photo reference and pick colors from it. What gets a little frustrating though is I'm not sure what color I'm sampling when I press my finger on the part of the photo. Will this update offer,say,an offet cross-hair graphic that lets me see exactly where I'm sampling from?

Thank you for ALL your hard work. This app is unbelievable. I've been showing it off to everyone. This makes the iPad TRULY "magical".

DaveRage
10-19-2010, 02:07 AM
Welcome to the forums, rubfuzz! We're planning on making some further changes to the way that color picking works and the visual feedback, while we haven't finalised these yet. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

suziQ54241
10-19-2010, 04:02 AM
Steve and every one... isn't it great that we have this marvelous new app to work with. And we also have these great developers that care so much to make it the best it can be. Come here... give ideas and share. AND THEN go paint some great art. Thank you, for your compliments, I am but one of many satisfied users. And thank you again rage team for making one of the best apps/software in the marketplace.