PDA

View Full Version : Eye dropper

suziQ54241
10-01-2010, 03:20 AM
On a whole I am thrilled with the app butI am still having less than successful results with the eye dropper.... If I drag off and go real slow maybe I can pick up the color I want.... But slim chance it's right. PLEASE this tool is really important to me... And going to the pod first is really a pain. All other art apps are press, hold, and wham you've got it..... Is there anything else we can do...the disruption in painting is a pain...thank you

And when you have selected a tool, say crayon, soft, when you go back into the settings, soft is not selected, letting you know your current choice. I believe this is true of the desktop version as well. It would be a nice reminder after working hard to indicate the tool in use...

Again thanks

MattRage
10-01-2010, 05:13 AM
Press and hold won't be used for sampling (I've never liked the idea of having to wait around for a function like that anyway) but there are some other potential options I'm considering for it.

Presets I'm going to be looking in to as well!

suziQ54241
10-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Hurrah and Thank you, Matt, It's funny, this is the only issue that has affected me everything else just rocks.

cmenice
10-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm with Susan, the eyedropper is less than ideal. That said, I find it difficult to select the proper color. I'm not a huge fan of offsetting a painting area, but I think with the eyedropper tool it works really well. The problem when trying to select the proper color is your finger is in the way and you can't see the color you are selecting. Having the eyedropper offset from your finger to select a color would fix this problem.

Maybe this is more of a problem for righties, because my arm/wrist usually covers the color pod making it hard as well.

I'm really liking ArtRage for iPad. It's quickly becoming a favorite.

Pokke
10-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Eyedropper picks the wrong color when you work in landscape mode. I was wondering why the color in the picker did not correspond with what was under my stylus. When I turned the iPad 90 degrees (which seems to be the default for almost all apps, but I like portrait mode so much... :o) it worked fine. I guess this is a bug, unless I do something else that's wrong?

I have to agree with the OP though, a simple click eyepicker button and then press a color would make this program even better!

MattRage
10-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks for letting us know about the landscape eyedropper problem, we'll have a solution for that in an upcoming update.

There are a couple of things I'm going to look at regarding color selection and sampling, a simple eyedropper button is a definite possibility, along with various shortcuts, and I have some approaches to making it easier to see what you're selecting in mind.

shhQuiet
10-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Eyedropper picks the wrong color when you work in landscape mode.

Now that you mention that, it makes for a doable workaround for the eyedropper- Hold in portrait mode, then slide the orientation lock switch. Although the palettes won't move when you rotate, that's not such a bad thing, and it makes the eyedropper work correctly.

Good enough for now, and here's hoping for a fix soon!

suziQ54241
10-03-2010, 11:06 PM
wow genius. So helpful Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

dfktv
10-05-2010, 04:40 AM
Wow nice - I came here just for this issue - the eyedropper needs to be much easier! Thanks for the fix on orientation tho! Otherwise, wow - this is the most amazing paint app out! I've tried them all and this is miles above them all. Very enjoyable! Great work.

MattRage
10-05-2010, 04:51 AM
Just as a cross-posted update: The eyedropper orientation problem will be solved in the update we submitted today when it is released. Eyedropper ease of use stuff will come in a later build but the bug should be fixed.