PDA

View Full Version : A Geisha with Sakura Flowers

Jasminek
08-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi,
The brush head of cheery blossoms of JackT inspired me to paint this painting (Thanks to you JackT from the bottom of my heart.:)). So I came up with a Geisha – derrière view only for my skill on painting a portrait is quite limited. :confused:

A geisha or an entertaining female always reminds me of the movie of Marlon Brando and Miiko Taka in “Sayonara”. And another movie on the sakura flowers is the movie “The Last Samurai” with Ken Watanabe and Tom Cruise.:D

When I had the office in Washington DC, during April and May, I enjoyed so much the beautiful blossoms which can be seen miles and miles lining the streets. These trees were originally gifted by Yukio Ozaki of Tokyo in March 27, 1912 to the city of Washington. Of course some of them were replaced since then but a few that I saw look ancient. In 1965 Lady B. Johnson planted a cherry tree along Tidal Basin. And that is what most people remember when thinking about National Cherry Blossom Festival in DC.

I am not sure I put too many flowers in the painting or not. Any comments and advice are appreciated:D

Jasminek:)

Juz
08-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Beautiful work Jasminek, the flowers are wonderful :):)

barnburner
08-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Jasmine - it's wonderful! :)

pat1940
08-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Jasmine, very beautiful, the colors are superb, I always love your artwork :):):);););)

Linn
08-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Beautiful! I can see you put a lot of work in this one with all of the flowers! Enjoy your paintings!

Alexandra
08-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Jasmine, This is lovely. I am especially fond of your stories as well. I also have been able to enjoy the cherry trees and in the spring Macon and Atlanta have festivals. Both just an hour drive from our home and it is such a magical experience. Thanks for sharing your paintings with us.

Caesar
08-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Dear Jasmine, this is an adorable painting. This is a real masterpiece and one of Your best so far in my view. Much oriental art in this period I'd say. Tomorrow I expect to add mine still in WIP stage on almost the same subject ...:)

mannafig
08-16-2010, 05:38 PM
How beautiful Jasmine.:):)

Lima
08-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Jasmin this is wonderful:eek:

coops
08-17-2010, 05:12 AM
What a beautiful delicate painting Jasime. Well done:)

jacktar51
08-17-2010, 05:32 AM
Hello Jasmine....I couldnt have done any better myself,lovely picture,thanks....Jack.

eighty+
08-17-2010, 06:05 AM
jasmin I'd sit there with the blueberry pancakes mit cream quite happily :D

Jasminek
08-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi thanks to everyone of you for the kind comments.

Barn. Thank you.:)

Pat - I do like your paintings too, such a delight to see every time I log in. Keep them coming.:)

Linn - Actually, the brush head of Jjackt. really helped me a lot, thanks to him. It would have taken me a few more days if the brush head was not there.:rolleyes:

Alexandra - I really hope to go to the festival next year. Our problem since we retired is that we are not back in the USA at that time, but we plan to get back early next year. Thanks for visiting my thread.:D

Caesar - Really appreciated your kind words, I do need to give credits to Jacktar too.:D

Mannafig - Thanks so much for your comment.:)

Orien - So nice of you to stop by, I love your interview in the E-Magazine. Happy painting.:)

Coops - As usual, I appreciate your comment.:)

Jacktar - So glad to see you. Thanks for the brush head and all the help you did with all my questions.:)

80+ - Pancakes and sake would be perfect there my friend.:D

L Skylar Brown
08-18-2010, 03:28 AM
I would call this a contemporary Classic image. One of the best I've seen fromm you. Such a lush feel.

Jasminek
08-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Skylar, your words mean a lot to me. However, without the help of the brush head of JackT, I fear that it could have been a diaster. Appreciate your kind comment.:)