PDA

View Full Version : For Jules - More Halloween Stuff

barnburner
08-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Following the spirit of Jules's splendid Halloween painting of "Ghost Stories", I offer my little effort, as I think of Autumn and the cooler breezes of Halloween.

As the Moon rises on another Halloween, as he has done for centuries on this date, ARThur the enRAGEd, steps out of his secret cave high in the hills, and prepares to search yet another town in search of his head.
Tonight, he will make the 12 mile journey to the town of JULESville, where the residents already cower in fear of his arrival.

It was on Halloween night, three centuries ago, that our headless axeman foolishly spurned the advances of the enticing, but dangerous sorceress named ALEXANDRA. Her overpowering rage fueled by her feelings of rejection, drives her to concoct an evil spell that removes and hides his head, and imprisons him in the cave for eternity. Only on Halloween night, will he be permitted to leave the cave and search for his head. However, should the first ray of dawn find him still outside his cave, he will then be imprisoned forever in that cave, never, ever, to leave for any reason.

As the night moves past midnight, the headless axeman grows more frantic, angry and frustrated, sending the town residents fleeing as he approaches their homes. Finally, unable to locate his head,as he has done countless time in other towns, he forces the town to give him 6 beautiful women to take back to his cave in the event that he might be late one night, and be imprisoned there forever.

Be warned in the event that ARThur the enRAGEd should visit your town one Halloween night...........it is said that our feared headless axeman has a particular fondness for women that love to paint...............................:eek::cool:

Alexandra
08-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Don't mess with a sorceress! That should be the message here, they are usually quite testy.:rolleyes: Hee hee Mike, very good. I bet Jules will love it, I do!:D

Jasminek
08-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Geez Barn., for a long time that I didn't mind walking around the woods in the moonlit night around my house. (we have 2 acres), Now forget it. I can handle a lot of things but a headless man with that weapon, forget it!!!:eek:

Very painted indeed!!!

Mairzie Dotes
08-16-2010, 06:16 AM
barnburner,
I would say that the beginning of ARThur the enRAGEd. (a.k.a.; the
Axeman) problems might have began is because he kept walking around
with that ol' axe and SCARING THE BEEEJABBERS OUTTA EVERYONE! No
WONDER Alexandra the sorceress lopped off his show offie head. At the
least he is now at an ocular disadvantage on finding decent people to
slash and scare the stuffing out of. Fair warning to all those upstart's
who wield sharp weaponry, go booga booga and think they can get away
with it! :eek: ;) :D :D :D

Great story and spooky spooky painting. Love things that go bump in the
night (or day even!) :)

Caesar
08-16-2010, 09:29 AM
.... oh, BB went spooky! :D An amazing achievement indeed! I just hope that when Halloween will finally come some good idea will be left to exploit .....:p

Jules
08-16-2010, 10:32 AM
LMAO! Brilliant, artragers beware lol! Julesville nice place to visit during the winter months :D

Jules
08-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Don't mess with a sorceress! That should be the message here, they are usually quite testy.:rolleyes: Hee hee Mike, very good. I bet Jules will love it, I do!:D

oh you had a cameo hehe

pat1940
08-16-2010, 11:18 AM
wow Barnburner, this is great, you managed to put the scare in me, love the spooky dark colors, good job:D:D:D

Juz
08-16-2010, 01:19 PM
LOL... we should make it compulsory to include a story with halloween works ;):D:)

barnburner
08-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Sandy - Glad you enjoyed it. (Altho I'm not sure the axeman appreciates your making it necessary) :D

Jasmine - Thank you. I'm sure you can safely stroll thru the moonlight on your property - just not on Halloween.. :)

Mairzie Dotes - Somehow I thought you might enjoy my little story... :) Thank you very much! :)

Caesar - Many thanks.. Hopefully I didn't run the well dry, and will be able to come up with something else when Halloween does get here.. :)

Jules - Thank you so much. Since you started this Halloween mindset, I figured the least I could do, was name a town after you. :)

Pat - Thanks a bunch. I'm glad you liked it. :)

Juz - I agree - I think a story sometimes adds something to a Halloween painting. Thanks. :)