PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom

silvy
08-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Another portrait, oil and knife,reference photo, no tracing, no picker.
Hope you like it;)

Alexandra
08-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Oh, this woman reminds me of my dear Grandmother so much. So wonderfully done Silvy. Excellent painting.

pat1940
08-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Beautiful and very artistic Silvy, wonderful job:):):)

Mike Severoff
08-15-2010, 01:14 PM
+
Excellent

L Skylar Brown
08-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Silvy - This is wonderful! You've captured a look of years and wisdom.

Lima
08-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Bravo Silvy, c'č un aspetto di sgomento, perso nel tempo e nello spazio. Momenti che non torna pių. Un vero capolavoro:eek::eek::eek:

Bravo Silvy, there is a look of dismay, lost in time and space. Moments that do not go back anymore. A real masterpiece:eek::eek::eek:

coops
08-15-2010, 07:37 PM
What a wonderful face she has Silvy and you have painted her portrait so very well:)

barnburner
08-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Magnificent! I really like this.. I suppose many of us probably see some of someone in our past in her, but she truly does remind me a lot of my wife's mother.
Great job!:):)

Jasminek
08-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Wow, you captured every single experience-line she has. Wonderful!:)

mannafig
08-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Silvy this is amazing:):)

Caesar
08-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Devi aver fatto un fantastico viaggio in un altro mondo e nella tua anima, cara Silvia! Ritratto fenomenalmente introspettivo!

You must have made a wonderful trip in another world and in Your soul, dear Silvia! Phenomenally introspective portrait!

Juz
08-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Magnificent and bold... love this piece, the style of the impasto you've used really suits the subject. One of my favorites of yours Silvy :):)

Linn
08-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Very nice! Fantastic work on this!

silvy
08-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Many thanks dear friends!
Your comments are an important incentive to continue and try to improve.

@Alexandra:), the woman in the refernce photo is an old lady , maybe eastern Indian.
I found it in an old CD of free images .
Her face struck me because despite being of different race, reminded me of my grandmother .... as you remember yours.;)
Evidence that in the deep soul, we're really all the same

@pat1940, Mike ,Skylar Brown thank you very much, you're very kind

@ dear oriane, thank you and thanks for Italian reply ...helps me a lot because my English is very poor.
Agree with what you see in her look... some dismay. A friend of mine tell me that the right title could be 'disenchanted wisdom'.
I think it is right because wisdom is a combination of many things: sorrow, pain, joys, experiences, visions, dreams, hopes merged together in a disenchanted vision of the universe.

@Katie, many thanks for your kind words really appreciated

@ thank you barnburner, your guess is as good as you read about in response to alexandra

@ thank you Jasminek and mannafig I'm glad you like it

@ Grazie Cesare,posso dire che 'ho vissuto ' il quadro oltre che dipingerlo
Thank you Cesare, I can say that 'I lived the painting' as well as paint it

@Thank you Juz and Linn I'm glad you enjoyed

Alexandra
08-16-2010, 03:45 PM
@Alexandra:), the woman in the refernce photo is an old lady , maybe eastern Indian.
I found it in an old CD of free images .
Her face struck me because despite being of different race, reminded me of my grandmother .... as you remember yours.;)
Evidence that in the deep soul, we're really all the same

Well said Dear Silvy.
My grandmother (maternal one) came from Cherokee. Your painting I believe touched a lot of people. Again...wonderful work.

Sketchism71
08-17-2010, 03:44 PM
What a wonderful image Silvy! You have captured a look in her that shows a life of wisdom, tragedy, and love. Fantastic image!!