PDA

View Full Version : A funny idea (Extreme update)

Caesar
08-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Here I used AR to quickly compose a friend of mine's idea, a stylized world and painter painting a realistic artpiece (actually part of Caravaggio's most famous still life I made an initial copy of some time ago).
The poition of the painter reminds a famous Duehrer painting of himself while painting (although turned the other way).
Finally, the painter is an essential caricature of my friend, whos is an amateur painter too, reminding his initial style.
I hope You'll find it interesting also for the fact that, before coloring him, I outlined him graphically with the art pen in a few of seconds and lines, a litle bit like ancient chinese and japanese painters such as Hokusai.

I went to an anticipated, most paradoxical version here.
A one-dimensional painter (he's just a line protuberance) is painting on a two-dimensional canvas the realistic simulation of a three-dimensional view. Could we ever do the same and paint a four-dimensional view? :rolleyes:

pat1940
08-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Caesar, I love this so much, what a fantastic job you did;):):):)

Jules
08-13-2010, 03:48 PM
haha like it,
Giuseppe Dell'Aquila did something on the same lines, looking forward to this as a finished piece, like your parrot too ;)

Caesar
08-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Thank You, dear Pat! AR features are very useful to spare much time in some compositions ...

I don't know of Giuseppe Dell'Aquila, dear Jules, but I'm glad You appreciated. Thank You!

Sketchism71
08-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Very clever idea and very well done! The stylized drawing looks very professional.

Juz
08-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Really cool concept its like a designer in reverse. In design you take the complex and simplify, whereas the character here is taking from the simplistic world and complicating it. Love it :):)

Caesar
08-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Thank You, dear Sketch! The art pen aspect ratio setting can allow You to change the line thickness an this helps. If this could be done also with the pencil on a cheap tablet, it would be great and my drawings would really take-off ...

Thank You, dear Juz! What You say is absolutely right!
When I was a child there was here a brilliant advertisement cartoon where a man was a curvature outline moving on a straight line and intereacting with similar objects.
Next could then be to have this world all on a line so has to have a one dimension world painter painting a two dimensional artpiece (on a canvas) a three dimensional subject ....
Could we ever be able to make a three dimensional painting simulating a four dimensional scene?

Jasminek
08-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Quite adorable! Very good composition to me.:)

Mairzie Dotes
08-16-2010, 05:40 AM
Dear Caesar,
What a light hearted but true to life illustration of an artist this is.
Uncomplicated lines and colors moves the viewer directly into the
intent of the painting .. an artist and his need to create. Wonderful
piece and presentation. :)

Caesar
08-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Thank You, dear Jasmine! I futherly explored the paradoxical thought in the second version, although I should have made a more precise outline of this being living on a boundaryless line ....

The pose was mentally mutuated bu the great Albecht Duehrer, dear Mair, probably the greatest German painter and among the greatest painters ever. I just reminded it from my neurons, more or less, and changed it into a caricature out of a unique continuous line.
Thank You! I remind also of a similar pose in a Norman Rockwell self-portrait ....

Juz
08-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Cool Caesar, love the update, now they read like frames from an animation :):)

Linn
08-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Love the concept!

Alexandra
08-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Excellent Cesare, excellent!

Caesar
08-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Thank You, dear Juz and Sandra!

L Skylar Brown
08-16-2010, 09:30 PM
This really is Most Amusing!

SCP
08-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Very Clever and some interesting ideas you propose.;) I'm still happy looking at and producing 2D artwork even when I use a 3D Program the end result is a 2D image.;):)

coops
08-17-2010, 06:06 AM
Great and imaginative idea Cesare and so well painted:)

eighty+
08-17-2010, 08:28 AM
hail Caesar great stuff even thou i have got a clue whats it all about :confused:
with the knowledge you've got u should b a teacher I have to carry a
dictionary to understand regard Suur ATplus de la Rage'

Caesar
08-17-2010, 10:32 AM
It especially was for my real painter friend represented here as caricature, dear Skylar! :D Thank You!

Right, dear SCP, let's not be too ambitious ... it would require superior mathematical theories I'm not Escher ...:D Thank You!

With You attending this Forum with Your marvellous imaginative paintings, dear Katie, I had to take this rabbit out of my hat ...:p Thank You!

LOL:D:p, dear EightyX (let's change the operation once! :p), You must be kidding. I'm the worst teacher of the world. First, I'm not able to make it simple and short; second, I'm not very patient, especially with lazy pupils, and I don't realize how intimidating are my expectations when I play the teacher ....:D I hope You my English was good enough (including spelling) so as Your dictionary could be of some help. Even worse problems arise for me with English when dealing with the various slangs, dialects and picturesque prononciations ....;):):p