What is it? Who or what is she looking for?:eek:

Mairzie Dotes
08-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Alexandra,
Words often are inadequate when something really connects as
"Looking" does. There is a passionate symbolism reflected
in the eyes of this blue eyed dreamer. Imagination and glorious
artistry has created a vision, a reality on canvas expressed with
vibrant palette, poetic theme and soft impressions. :)

Caesar
08-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Very imaginative composition requiring an outstanding fantasy capability, dear Sandra!
It makes me think that You feel sometimes alien in the world where You live which can often be a queer and strange place, inhabited by somehow odd people and confronted, sometimes, with quite unfriendly situations and guys ...:D

Alexandra
08-13-2010, 12:49 PM
MaryAnn, Thanks so much for such a lovely and poetic comment, very much appreciated!:)

Cesare, Thank you for your kind comment. And a big AND there...on the profile-maybe you hit on something there. I think being a child of a military service dad, traveling from place to place in my formative years can make one feel as an alien of sorts. Having a touch of a southern accent because I have lived here for so long, but never totally of the dialect here-I am asked-where are you from?
Just to add a bit of a not so funny-funny story-a man that was replacing my heating unit once did not return to finish the job. I asked him when he was coming back, that fall was near, and he said to me: "What is your hurry, you are a yankee aren't you?" Meaning I was from the north and didn't mind the cold so much. I answered quickly with a few better business bureau threats, but was taken none the less and had to lose a bit of money before having to hire another repairman to finish the job. This has been rare here though I must add, as I have neighbors from Heaven, and have known many honest and kind people in business here.
Strangely though, on a personal note, it is still difficult after all these years to call a place home.

wenkat
08-13-2010, 02:16 PM
What a masterpiece you've painted to show her anxiety bundled with curious expectation.only with her eyes! Marvellous!:)

barnburner
08-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Well, it seems obvious to me who this is.
She is clearly a descendant of an exploration group from the planet Jowillie, sent to earth many years ago.
Their spacecraft was fatally damaged in the landing on this uncharted south seas island, trapping them on the planet Earth forever.
Rumor has it, that this isle was also inhabited by the survivors of the H.M.S. Bounty mutiny, and the two
groups became one over the years.
Assuming this rumor is true, then this beautiful lady is the product of those unions.

Great job on this Sandy! :):)

Alexandra
08-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Wenkat, Thanks so very much for your generous comment. I am so happy that you liked it. Makes my day! I was working on this one a little bit last night and when I hit save, the program crashed, and then I couldn't open it back up again. I had the message damaged file. I had had another painting with the same name-so I think this did it. Anyway, I imported it back into the program and erased around her head. I lost a little detail in her skin, but I was happy that I could save her. The background I made this morning.:)

Mike, Haha, I like that-cute story! Thanks my friend.:)

Sketchism71
08-13-2010, 06:54 PM
This is quite a visual feast that can be left wide-open for interpretation. I bet it evokes different emotions and symbolized something different to everyone that views it. Well done!:)

mannafig
08-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Wonderful work dear Sandra:):)

Lima
08-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Alexandra, that's cool. You found a style of painting. I'm sure you will produce other brilliant works like this. It is simply beautiful. Congratulations.

Alexandra
08-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Dear Eddie, Thanks so much. It was another one of those things started while I was on hold again. It turned out to be a fun project.:)

Amanda, Thanks so much my friend. I am so happy that you liked it. I wish that I could make the skin as lovely as you do. I will keep at it.:)

Oriane, Thank you dear friend! I really appreciate your time and generous comment. You have given me so much encouragement and I sincerely appreciate it.:)

AT-TA
08-14-2010, 01:03 AM
I like the background here, Sandy...Very nice.

Juz
08-14-2010, 06:32 AM
I adore those plants on the left side Sandy :):)

Jasminek
08-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Somehow, my fantasy side of brain wants to talk to this creature. Then, the trees and plants brought me back to earth by telling me that I might need to learn another language!!!! But I like her, that should be a great start, yes?:D

Alexandra
08-14-2010, 05:13 PM
AT, Juz, and Jasmine, Many thanks kind ladies!:):):):):):):)

Mike Severoff
08-14-2010, 05:22 PM
I do not know what to say. [It?] is good.
I would like to see this [for?] entire wall in my home.
Like this[as here]:

Alexandra
08-14-2010, 05:24 PM
My dearest friend, thank you! This makes my day!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):)

SCP
08-14-2010, 08:47 PM
I think being a child of a military service dad, traveling from place to place in my formative years can make one feel as an alien of sorts. Having a touch of a southern accent because I have lived here for so long, but never totally of the dialect here-I am asked-where are you from?
Just to add a bit of a not so funny-funny story-a man that was replacing my heating unit once did not return to finish the job. I asked him when he was coming back, that fall was near, and he said to me: "What is your hurry, you are a yankee aren't you?" Meaning I was from the north and didn't mind the cold so much. I answered quickly with a few better business bureau threats, but was taken none the less and had to lose a bit of money before having to hire another repairman to finish the job. This has been rare here though I must add, as I have neighbors from Heaven, and have known many honest and kind people in business here.
Strangely though, on a personal note, it is still difficult after all these years to call a place home.

I just can't understand another so called human can do that to you?! Far too many people have issues and a sick agenda.
I can also relate to your child hood story,I also felt like an Alien when growing up(I still do lol)firstly I moved to four different states so didn't have time to make friends and also my writing was weird because each state had a slightly different method.I Also had this strange affliction a compulsive daydreamer and very shy.:eek:Not having a father also added a weirdness factor to me. Most of the time I would just draw from my imagination.:eek:
So it is great to see you are still creating art from your mind,I like the plant life you have in the foreground.;):)
Keep painting!:)

Alexandra
08-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Dearest Scott...ahh-a kindred spirit! Thanks so much. It is so nice to hear that I am not the only one on this globe that had this kind of life as a child.
Denver, Florida, Germany, Philippines, Alabama, and then Georgia. Daydreaming was a huge part of my life as well. I was so painfully shy too. Many things to heal from, and so many roads to travel, I am back at a point where I am able to let go and draw and paint again as I did when I was a child. I think having art in ones life is such a gift. Thank you dear man, I will indeed keep painting.:)