PDA

View Full Version : Parrot flight

Caesar
08-13-2010, 10:17 AM
I made this from two references, one for the flight and one for the colors I selected and mixed them (no tracing or color picking, as usual).
As a confirmation You would find that some feather group are probably not really most correctly oriented, aerodynamically speaking ...
I also realize that it would make a poor figure in front of the perfect wildlife reproductions of Mwilneff, or the animals painted by Sketch, but I can hardly do much better in one hour and by nothing else than spontaneous strokes ...
Nonetheless I'm quite satisfied and I'd like to be able to make it head towards a particular kind of nice oriental perch in the future, if I'm able to in a decent way ... ;):)

Alexandra
08-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Ah Cesare....great job, I love it!:)

Caesar
08-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Thank You, dear Sandra! In the meanwhile I'm proceeding with an evolution and completion of this, I have at WIP stage right now ....

Jasminek
08-13-2010, 01:39 PM
I really like this bird. Particular the feather that you gave a hint that they are there, wish I could learn the way you did with confidence. I have a lot of problems trying to make everything into too MUCH detail. This bird has movement, perfect hint of feather, really wonderful.:)

pat1940
08-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Well painted Caesar and wonderful colors;)

mwilneff
08-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Well done Caesar.Just love the bold strokes and the color just pop's.Super work.
Marty

Caesar
08-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Thank You, dear Jasmine! I'm apparently increasing my works in the ornitological genre ... I don't have much tricks to tell and I don't detail it too much because it would take too much time, patience ... and skills maybe.
I can only say that in many cases You don't need to repeat all over a texture to give that impression. The brain tend to complete the effect by itself.

I had a sort of Brazilian departure colorwise, dear Pat. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Marty. I feel really honoured by such a positive comment by You!

mannafig
08-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Vibrant and beautiful dear Cesare:):)

Lima
08-13-2010, 08:52 PM
The visual effect of fresh paint is remarkable. The flight, the look, very nice Caesar.

AT-TA
08-14-2010, 01:07 AM
Well, Caesar, he looks like he just flew out of his cage...and feels so happy and free...now go and look for him in the park... i think peanut won't do it this time...and good luck...hihihihi... He is a beauty otherwise...;)

coops
08-14-2010, 05:18 AM
Beautiful colourful painting Cesare. Well done:)

Juz
08-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Lovely loose style to this escapee, I love the brushstrokes :):)... now he needs a pirate to land on the shoulder of ;)

Caesar
08-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Thank You, dear Amanda! Probably a painting feasable in one-two hours max is the best trade-off for me, to provide sufficient details without loosing inspiration and freshness and spoiling it getting bored into details ....

Thank You, dear Oriane! I guess You're an expert of this kind of birds ...;)

Here You are, dear Anna. You didn't escape like this parrot then. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! Not an high-flyer, but a dynamic colored fantasy ....

To see where it's going to land, dear Juz, just have a look to the work in progress ....:D Monday I should resume and finish it, hopefully. Thank You!

Mairzie Dotes
08-15-2010, 04:02 AM
Dear Caesar,
Who would have known that a parrot would look so elegant. In
your hands it has taken flight on majestic, multi paletted wings.
A striking, jewel feathered beauty and well painted! :)

Caesar
08-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Thank You, dear Mair, sorry for answering late ...