PDA

View Full Version : First Light

Sketchism71
08-13-2010, 10:52 AM
100% AR3. Mainly crayon tool with some brush. Photo references used for the cub. All else is original.

Thanks for checking it out!:)

Alexandra
08-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Wow Eddie, this is fantastic! If I didn't have to worry about momma bear somewhere close by I would have to pick up this baby and hold it. Absolutely stunning work.:eek::):):):):)

Caesar
08-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Another incredible masterpiece of Yours, dear Sketch! This painting is astounding and absolutely professional level!

Mairzie Dotes
08-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Sketchism71,
Exceptional artistry! Professionally designed and painted. You have
an amazing gift of expressing the magnificent beauty of the outdoors
and it's engaging wild creatures. Absolutely and positively beautiful! :)

Aged P
08-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Hi Eddie,

Just getting back into Artrage, nice to see you are still in top form. Totally beautiful!

Also nice to see you survived the Red Rider Christmas gift. :)

Phil

pat1940
08-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Sketch, what beautiful work, the cub is adorable looking and the scenery splendid;):):):)

mwilneff
08-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Excellent work Sketch.Love the wildlife atmosphere all your paintings convey.Well done again!!
Marty

Sketchism71
08-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Thank you so much;

Sandra:) I agree with you. If I ran across this little guy in the wilderness I would be watching my back for mama. Thanks for checking it out!

Caesar:D Thank you for the wonderful comment!

Mairzie:) Your words always bring a smile to my face and a warmth to my heart. Thank you!

Phil:D Glad to hear from you. Hope all is well. (P.S. My mother found an authentic Red Rider BB gun tucked away in the attack... She immediately called me ;))

Pat:) Thanks so much for the comment and for checking it out!

Marty:D Your words are valuable to me. As you well know, the obstacles and challenges of a wildlife painting always leave me a bit blind to the final success of it. Your input is always much appreciated!

mannafig
08-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Beautiful Sketch absolutely fantastic:):)

Lima
08-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Eddie, fantastic sense of depth. The eye travels through the different spaces automatically so that the beauty of the landscape remains almost engraved in memory. As if by magic:eek:, the light from behind the bear sets the tone for the whole frame. Congratulations.

barnburner
08-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Sketch, this is just stunning.
I've spent a lot of time in the high country, and you have done a wonderful job of capturing it's beauty, not to mention that fantastic job on that bear cub.
This is headed into my favorites. Great job!:)

AT-TA
08-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Oh... where is his mommy..... beautiful picture sketch and so sweet...

coops
08-14-2010, 06:23 AM
Stunning painting Sketch, love the mist in the background. Just wonderful:)

Juz
08-14-2010, 07:18 AM
Just fabulous sketch, its so impressive how much realism you achieve without the work looking at all photographic. :eek::eek::):)

Sketchism71
08-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Mannafig:) Thank you for the great comment!

Oriane:D Thank you! The light behind the bear was somewhat of an experiment. I was after almost a natural spotlight effect on the cub. Thank you for your comment.

Barnburner:) Thank you for the wonderful comment and the addition to your favorites... That truly means a lot to me - Thank you!

AT-TA:D Thank you so much for checking it out. I'm sure it's mother is very near by!:)

Coops:D Thank you for the wonderful comment and for checking it out!

Juz:) Thank you for the comment. With the capabilities of AR, it is sometimes difficult to tackle realism without it turning near photographic so I appreciate your comment on that. Thank you for the great comment!:)

Mike Severoff
08-14-2010, 07:36 PM
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

SCP
08-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Hey Eddie,
Fantastic painting,like the back lighting works well with your Bear Cub's fur.Well done mate!;):):):)

silvy
08-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Spectacular!
Beautiful backlighting, the sense of depth ... a masterpiece:)

L Skylar Brown
08-16-2010, 03:49 AM
Outstanding Work! Superb!

kaveman
08-16-2010, 04:31 AM
a real inspiration, look out for the mummy bear...

jbyrjbyr1
08-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Simply gorgeous; another for me to download and "study."
Beautifully done.

alkratzer
08-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Brilliantly done Eddie -- nice to see some more of your work as it is always an inspiration! If the little fella asks for your picnic basket, I'd hand it over, momma bear is likely nearby...

Sketchism71
08-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Mike, Thank you for the thumbs up!:D

Scott, Thanks for checking it out! I think I still need to fiddle with the light a bit to blend in with the ground but thank you for the comment!:)

Silvy, Thank you for the great comment!:D

LSB, Thanks for checking it out and for the comment!:)

Kaveman, Thank you for the comment... Great user-name by the way!:D

Jbyr, Thanks for the comment, I took some screen shots during the progression of this. Perhaps I can put together something that shows some of the steps I took. Thank you!:)

Al, Thank you for the comment, I agree, in real life I don't think I would want to get to close to this little guy. I started this painting just after that fatal grizzly attack that recently happened up in Wyoming. Come to find out it was a momma bear desperately trying to feed her cubs. Nature is not to be fooled with...that is for sure!:D

steverino365
08-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Great back lighting and detail - masterfully done!!

waheednasir
08-18-2010, 06:19 AM
very good. nice landscape and a very nice rim light on the cute cub..:).

Sketchism71
08-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Steverino365:) Thanks for checking it out!

Waheed:D Thank you so much for the kind comment!

MagenSparks
08-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Amazing work, my mother would adore that little bear. He just looks like he could walk right out of the forest and into my living room.