PDA

View Full Version : victim of the reef

jacktar51
08-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Before good maps and Sat Nav etc, the coral reefs around various equatorial landmasses proved to be a menace to the old sailing boats of that time,here's my vision of what it must have looked like next day after a ship was driven onto the reef,during a storm....Just a figment of my imagination,no references used....Actually I was best pleased with the Island which came out rather well I thought,the rest is a bit Iffy,in fact I could have done this very differently,but I have been very busy these last two days,doing certain jobs that have been on hold for a bit tooooooo long, if you know what I mean(Tooo busy Painting),lol...Hope you like the picture.....Jack.

mannafig
08-11-2010, 09:03 PM
I love this Jack what a great painting makes a change from the ship always afloat:):)

Alexandra
08-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Oh yeah, fantastic Jack. Great work as always!

carlcath
08-12-2010, 02:14 AM
This is really nice. There is somethng about the sky that seems to be a little strange, but the water, mountain, and ship are truely fantastic.

Tonyjazz
08-12-2010, 03:23 AM
The is a fine work of art. Great sea and shipwreck. Cold mountains adds a lot to the feel of this one............TJ

coops
08-12-2010, 06:21 AM
That water is terrific Jack. Well done again on another great painting:)

Juz
08-13-2010, 12:59 AM
OH no the captains been at the rum again :);)
Wonderful storytelling quality to this work, the background island in the mist looks volcanic and the detail in the ship and water are incredible :):)