PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors Shower

Jasminek
08-11-2010, 12:01 PM
This is the continuing praise for a mother's love. This scene is pencil, shading drawn, my first on pencil in ArtRage. Used butterfly wings stickers. Reference drawing was from a Thai artist, named "Penang".

This is the scene where children taking shower in summer in SE Asia. Ones can find this scene still in up-countries or around poor neighborhood (hate to sound like a snob:confused:)in Thailand. Most houses are equipped with indoor plumbings, however, the water jars are still kept in most houses, normally to catch rain water.
This water in these huge water jars are so cool and nice for a shower in a hot day.

Olease feel free to comment.:)

Caesar
08-11-2010, 12:31 PM
What a tender scene! This fist pencil work is already very expressive, dear mate!
I read with much interest the story too and obviously building water reserves and their distribution depend very much from where You live, since not every country have enough mountains and rain to collect water in a centralized way and distribute it after making it drinkable through aqueducts all over. Many brilliant systems were invented in the millennia.
The problem is now the excessive population and the greed of people who don't like to keep water a shared resource. I'm afraid that some day we'll have to pay some private company for the air we breathe .....:( :mad:

Alexandra
08-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Beautiful Jasmine! I always enjoy your paintings and drawings.

coops
08-11-2010, 04:25 PM
This has to be one of my favourite ones of yours Jasmine. The scene is so heartwarming.:)

Lima
08-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Wonderful:eek: Jasmine. Well done.

barnburner
08-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Great job Jasmine..
Kinda brings back memories of my own childhood
in Arkansas. We used to take our baths in a #3 Galvanized wash tub on the back porch with water we drew from the well.:):)

pat1940
08-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Jasmine, so beautiful as usual, I love how you are putting your experience of travel to work by showing your beautiful drawing and paintings, I look so forward to seeing your art every day;););):):):)

Juz
08-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Fantastic, love the storytelling that is coming through :):)

Jasminek
08-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks to everyone of you for the kind comments.:D

Caesar - Thanks. The water will be or is the problem. Many rivers, especially the one that passes several countries are being damed for usage. For example China with Maekong river, China built dams and does not care wheter the below countries like Loas, Kambodia have water or not. It is a big problem with eco system also, fish cannot lay eggs, etc. Wish we all could work together.

Alex - So sweet word you wrote.!:)

Coops - I have one child and sometimes don't want any, but love of a mother is forever.:D

Orien, - So nice to see you stopping by, I love the way you paint children too.:)

Barn - Nothing like the cool water from a well. My place here in WV still uses well water. The city wants to lay the water lines and forces us to use it, not successful yet. We are enjoying the water which is very good here. I can imagine bathing (more like palying) in a tub outdoors.:D

Pat - Very kind and encouraging words, really appreciate it.:)

Juz - Thank you. I am getting to that age which loves to tell a story or 2.;)

Mairzie Dotes
08-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Jasminek,
Well presented, touching story and sketch celebrating the love
of mothers. Lovely concept and endearing piece. :)

Jasminek
08-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Mairzie, thanks a lot. Without mothers, this world can get worse. Without all of your kind comments, I would be quite discouraged too.

Thanks to everyone of you. :D