PDA

View Full Version : The Other Side of the Fence

Alexandra
08-11-2010, 02:42 AM
There is so much that goes on out in nature. Even with a barbed wire fence, there can be beauty all around. I hope you like this one-I needed to work more on the flowers, but the more I touched them up, the more I began to make a mess. All Artrage3Pro- stickers, stamps, watercolor, air brush, and knife. Whew! I am so thankful to all of you artists here that contributed the stamps, stickers, and fantastic art brushes, you made painting so much fun.
Turning in now-it's been a long day. Good night Ragers at least from this end of the globe.;)

Tonyjazz
08-11-2010, 02:47 AM
What a great imaginative work of art! The contrast of the barb wire and the flowers and foilage works so well.................TJ

Caesar
08-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Dear Sandra, a brilliant painting indeed!
The fence is on focus, but You can still perceive some of the marvels existing beyond it, although a little out of focus.
It seems to me that there's some symbolism here.
We tend to be constrained by the barbed wire of our tasks, duties, worries etc. everyday and we tend to focus too much on them and to believe we cannot put them aside for a while and go beyond them, (sometimes at least) to recover our strength from our magic, fantastic world of lights, energies, hopes, wishes, creativity, wonder, grateful praise, vitality .....
We should though, to our and anyone else benefit.
Great, wise suggestion! Thanks!

Mairzie Dotes
08-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Alexandra,
Barbed wire would never be an obstacle when accessing this dream spun
garden. This intimidating fence only has a symbolic bark worse than it's
bite and makes the venture into the inviting flower bed all the more
enticing and worthwhile. Love the contrasting emotional aspect, much
like exploring adventurous ways to overcome life's challenges. Beautifully
painted! :)

Alexandra
08-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Hi Tony, Thank you so very much. I am so happy that you like it!:)

Cesare, Thank you. Beautifully commented and so true dear man. We must look past the barbed wire fences, and it seems by your comment that you know just how to do that-and what a blessing it is!:)

Dear MaryAnn, Thank you for your lovely comment. Exploring adventurous ways indeed, I believe that I have climbed over many a barbed wire fence especially since I have been a mother, and not only do I not fret over a scar here and there, but think that they add beauty and character!;):)

Caesar
08-11-2010, 01:34 PM
.... to some extent, dear Sandra, provided they are not going to electrify my barbed wires... :D Painting is one way anyhow, isn't it?

Alexandra
08-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Well then my dear friend, if they do-I know with that industrious mind of yours that you will obtain the correct instructions on how to disable this inconvenience and take it down all together!:cool::)

pat1940
08-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Dear Sandra, what beauty this shows, and the colors are wonderful, very nice job:):););)

coops
08-11-2010, 05:18 PM
There may be barbed wire there but watch out, those beautiful flowers will soon hide it. Well done Sandra its a great painting:)

Alexandra
08-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Hi Pat, Thanks so much!:)

You are right dear Katie, the beauty of nature will soon outgrow the fence! Thanks so much.:)

barnburner
08-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Sandy, what a great imaginative painting.
Having climbed over countless barbed wire fences
in my time, I'm somewhat of an authority on the subject, and I offer that you have done a fine job of
painting your barbed wire. Well done.:):)

Jasminek
08-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Great painting.:)

mannafig
08-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Beautiful Sandra:):)

Alexandra
08-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Hi Mike! Thank you. I wish that I could say that I did paint it but the barbed wire fence is from the stamps and stickers area. I was experimenting with all of the fun brushes and stickers. I used metallic though with it, and did paint the eggs and flowers, but the rest comes from the artists who donated their drawings.:)

Jasmine, Thanks, it was fun!

Amanda, thanks my dear friend!