PDA

View Full Version : A quick pass ...

Caesar
08-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi, dear friends,
I'm back for a while, but with little time, also because of the a last holidays week in the last one of August.
I had some time though to make some watercolor experiments (sorry for the colors not shining in the pictures) and also a couple of acrylics excercises (one mine and the other to support a painting-addict friend of mine with the red pepper on the ladies0s head and some refurbishment to the right part of the face where a change of color was needed).
Even if they're not AR works (they may become so though), and are not all finished ormuch more than tests, I hope You may like them as well.
Take care!

pat1940
08-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi Caesar, nice to see your art again, love your experiments, your were not sitting idle I can see, hope you enjoyed your holidays and will be glad to see you back full time:):):);););)

eighty+
08-09-2010, 01:53 PM
so your back I thought u had gone AWOL I was asking where's caesar but nobody knew i thought u might have ended up like poor old Cara on a lonly beach somewhere but no here u are still telling the tale of the old iron pot but I'm glad your back cos I missed all that history stuff u know what a ikeront sod I'm oki :D:D:D:D:D:D:D----------E/S

Caesar
08-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Thank You for Your warm welcome, dear Pat and ATPlus (You asked me for plain English, but I had my hard time grasping all of Your witty reply!):D
Anyway I apologize for anyone unawere of my absence, I anticipated though.
I won't talk of history although I've been once again in places which were once part of the Magna Grecia of the ancient times, dear 80+ ..., but it would be impossible to go anywhere in Italy and not be in some sort of historical place and I won't make any lecture ...;):p
These works are both by imagination or based ons some references (i.e. touristic leaflets).
Among the watercolor ones, the Forest, Castel and Sunset are literally postcard sized, the others have little more than twice each linear size.
The acrylics are small too, 50x50cm and 30x20cm ...

Sketchism71
08-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Nicely done Caesar! It is always nice to break out the paints and play in the non-digital world. Every time I do that I find that it grounds me a bit and I usually end up with a revived appreciation for the digital world. These are wonderful experiments. Thanks for sharing them.

Alexandra
08-09-2010, 11:25 PM
I agree with Eddie there, wonderful experiments indeed dear Cesare. Hope you and your family are enjoying the holiday.

Lima
08-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi Caesar, fine good humor and first class art, are back.:) Great experiments dear mate.

coops
08-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Welcome Back Cesare and wow so many wonderful pictures to look at. Well done:)

mannafig
08-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Lovely paintings dear Cesare:):)

Caesar
08-10-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm not really fully back, just quick passes and I apologize to just have time for thanks and some occasional review. I'm also sorry because of the colors not so vivid. Probably I should have scanned the watercolors (possible due to the compatible size) to make them look more naturally shiningg.
Anyway ....

Thanks, dear Sketch! I didn't take the time to measure and mask and to plan a better and more colorful palette (and style) in the acrylics still life. Easier on digital, but there are also advantages on real painting and a little more physical satisfaction ....

Thank You, dear Sandra! We're fine in this period and I hope the same is true for You and Your great family! May God bless You all always!

Dear Oriane, when I'll be grown up :D (actually retired and with much more free time) I'd like to go on with physical painting much more and finally get into oil painting ...obviously God willing, otherwise our Holy Father should look for quite expensive artist sets for my afterlife enjoyment ....:p

Now I hope to have soon time to set my hands much more free, easy-going and confident with real painting, dear Katie, but I'm afraid this period and forthcoming last holidays slice may end once again before I get enough practice ... Thank You!

Thank You, dear Amanda! I'm also reviewing great past Japanese artists styles, such as the ones of Hokusai I hope to learn lessons from.
They can certainly be considered the inventors of graphical art and comics in a way (often much better than present japanese manga styles) and I appreciate them very much!

Mairzie Dotes
08-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Dear Caesar,
Quite an interesting grouping of art you have here, each with
their own unique, pleasing differences, presented as a tempting
banquet table of creative buffet choices, tempting food for the
eyes and ... how did you know that I walk around with a red
pepper on my head? Only the jalapeno variety will do! :eek: ;) :D

Excellent pieces ... your quick passes and experiments are always
captivating indulgences that are looked forward to. :)

Caesar
08-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Thank You, dear Mair!
With Your gorgeous jalapenho hat, I guess everybody around You will find You spicy and hot then ....:D
Here we do have jalapenhos ... nonetheless many different types of "peperoni" for many applications though, either hot or not,, of many sizes and shapes and flavours, as developped by a long time history of artisanal genetical engineering in the different regions. This is a quite common one anyway, mainly used to be stuffed (not an hot type). ;):)

Lima
08-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Easier on digital, but there are also advantages on real painting and a little more physical satisfaction ....

Dear Oriane, when I'll be grown up :D (actually retired and with much more free time) I'd like to go on with physical painting much more and finally get into oil painting ...

Quindi sono due caro amico. Sono anche muovendo in questa direzione. Tutto il meglio per voi.:D

Caesar
08-12-2010, 05:53 AM
Obrigado, caro Oriane! Eu sou certo sua segunda vida porque um artista serį tanta pelo meno bem sucedido quanto la primeira como um doutor!

I hope I translated well enough this:

Grazie, caro Oriane! Sono certo che la tua seconda vita come artista sarą almeno altrettanto di successo quanto la prima come dottore!

Thank You, dear Oriane! I'm sure Your second life as an artist will be at least as much successful as the first one as a doctor!

Juz
08-12-2010, 11:57 PM
How marvelous to see your traditional media work too.:):) They're all fantastic but i'm really drawn to the tree with the autumn leaves... love the style and colour :):)

Caesar
08-13-2010, 06:24 AM
Thank you, dear Juz! Actually it has also a sort of abstract content and the contrast between complementary colours of the cerueal/ blues and yellow/ golden hues (more evident on the actual piece) make colours shine more than You would expect from real watercolors ...