PDA

View Full Version : For the Love of a Mother

Jasminek
08-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I painted this one using several photographs. In Thailand, August the 12th is Mother's Day. Even though I am in the States, my mother is in Thailand, 84 years old. I would like to dedicate this painting for each and every mother of all of us.:D

I am turning 60 this year and have seen a bit, still believe that nothing is like a mother's love.

In the old days, we kids used to swim naked in rivers and canals during the rain seasons, what a freedom.

This is what I tried to capture, the feeling of freedom and the love of our parents, especially of a mother.

Any comments are always welcome.:)

pat1940
08-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Oh Jasmine, what beauty you have captured, I love the softness and colors in your artwork, and I am very much in love with oriental art, thanks for sharing, love it:):):);););)

barnburner
08-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Wow Jasmine.... Your painting does the work of a 1,000 page novel... Wonderful!:)

Jasminek
08-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks a lot dear Pat and Barn. for the nice comments. :) Happy painting to all of you.

Alexandra
08-10-2010, 03:42 PM
This is so dear Jasmine. I miss having little ones about, even though they will always be my babies. For the love of a mother is precious, and brings back many happy and strong feelings of this special kind of love.

Juz
08-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Beautiful sentiment, the family look so happy and I love this fresh style, really like the way you've expressed the water in this piece. :):)

Caesar
08-13-2010, 06:32 AM
Very nice and warming painting! Composition and expressions are wonderful.
It's curious to notice that the Mother's Day seems to exist in many places (quite natural), but at different dates. Here in Italy (and maybe in the rest of Europe too, I should check) it is celebrated on May the 8th (maybe because May is also, religiously, Mary's month, the heavenly mum Jesus gave us from the cross, for christian catholics at least). By the way there's also a Father Day the 19th of March (St. Joseph).

Jasminek
08-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Thanks Alexandara - Agree with you that most most mothers think that children still are babies. I remember 20 years ago, finally got plane ticket money to visit my mother after 5 years, she told me one morning to go to take a shower> I said "Mom, I took one last night." The answer was "Never mind, in Thailand you take it at least twice a day. And, you are not too old for me to tell you." I was 40!!!!:D

Juz - Actually I had a bmy doubt on the flow of the water, I am glad you mentioned it like you have read my mind dear Juz, really appreciate it.:cool:

Jasminek
08-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Caesar - In the guts I think all humans are the same. Most of us want happiness, loving families and are afraid of pain, sorrow and death. Mothers seem to give us the comfort that we need.

I was closer to my father than my mother, however, without the strength of my mother, I would not have been where I am today.

Thanks again for your sweet comments.:)

Linn
08-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Nicely done...brings back old memories.

Jasminek
08-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks Linn for stopping by.:)