PDA

View Full Version : A Question of Grass

jacktar51
08-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Here's Three different grass brushes,I have tried to be as fair as possible by painting a grassy bank(On white sand,use your imagination for the sand,lol)...I did this three times using each brush in turn,I leave you to judge which you like the best,I have posted all three of these brushes in the ART SUPPIES FORUM,for anyone to give them a try,I would apprecviate your views on this (because I am now seeing grass in my sleep)...These three are the best in my oppinion out of many more that I have scapped on the way to getting this far with them,Hope you will try them and let me know what you think....Jack.

barnburner
08-02-2010, 01:03 PM
If I was forced to use just one - it would be the middle one, because it provides more of a varied look.
However, if I had AR3, I would use all three of them.
Excellent work Jack.

Someonesane
08-02-2010, 01:24 PM
I could see a use for all three. It all really depends on the area the grass would be growing. Nicely done Jacktar.

jacktar51
08-02-2010, 01:40 PM
barnburner...Thanks for the reply mate,I do need feedback on stuff like this, so its appreciated....Jack.

jacktar51
08-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Hello SS, Thanks for your assistance on this,I'm pleased that you think all three may be of some use, these brushes are ment as an assistance to the painter, who would vary and add their own stamp to any picture these are used in,the more varied the grasses the more natural it looks,but a combination of all three plus the artists own grasses on the top would ,I think save a lot of time for someone with perhaps a deadline to meet ,or not very much time to do it ....thanks for your opinion and your help, much appreciated.....Jack.

Alexandra
08-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Jack, this is excellent-and what a lesson for artists as well. Outstanding.:):):):):)

Lima
08-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Jack, very nice. Certainly I'll use them all. Now the example that you put here is a beauty. It looks like a beach, if you paint the sand and sea with a pirate ship in the distance ... thank you.