PDA

View Full Version : Out of Control Version 2 updated 8-1

barnburner
07-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Edit: Something about this painting kept bugging me all night. Woke up this morning, and it hit me. (I'm a little slow - but hey - I'm old) Needed more smoke!
So - here tis..

My first attempt at painting a forest fire.

(Don't blame the fire on me - I told my Aunt Earlene not be be cooking any moonshine during the dry season!):)
:)

Alexandra
07-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Excellent Mike!

pat1940
07-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Very good and your first attempt, nice job Barnburner:):):)

Tonyjazz
08-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Great reflections on that still water......

barnburner
08-01-2010, 04:04 AM
( I added a tree on the far right hand side, that I think improved the original a bit.)

Sandy - Thank you my friend!:)

Pat - I'm really glad you liked it. Thanks!:)

Tony - Thanks a lot. I used ArtRage to flip the top image to make the mirror image,
but I did use the pallette knife to do the blurring manually, as well as painting a darker background below the mirror image, and reducing the opacity of that layer to give it more of a
watery reflection look. :)

coops
08-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Well done Barnburner, you sure have created a whole lot of heat with this one. Love the reflections, you did a great job with them:)

barnburner
08-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Well done Barnburner, you sure have created a whole lot of heat with this one. Love the reflections, you did a great job with them:)

Coops - your kind comments are much appreciated.
Thank you!:)

Fashmir
08-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Time to get out the marshmallows and the graham crackers! We can sit near the edge and watch all the wildlife rushing past. :)

Juz
08-02-2010, 05:11 AM
Great colour in this image, adore the reflections on the water. :):) Pity a painting can't incorporate the terrifying sound bushfire/forest fires running wild make.

Jasminek
08-02-2010, 11:30 AM
The fires look very realistic, make me feel scare for the animals, etc. The best in here is the reflections on water. Moonshine? Well, somebody has to do it, if not, how could we have fun?

In WV where I am, the first thing in Hubby's mind when our jobs moved us here 12 years ago, was moonshine. This guy is from upstate NY, never tasted a sip in his life! Somehow he associated WV with moonshine!:confused: It is my secret whether I have tasted moonshine or not.:D

Well don Barn.:)

barnburner
08-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Fashmir - Thank you for your comment. :)

Juz - Thank you. Glad you liked it. :)

Jasmine - Many thanks. (Your secret is safe with me :):))
It has been rumored that I myself, have tasted moonshine a time or two in my younger days, but you know how unreliable rumors are.....:D

sabena
08-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Excelent work:rolleyes:

barnburner
08-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Excelent work:rolleyes:

Thank you so much Sabena. :)