PDA

View Full Version : Hummingbird

Jasminek
07-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Hi,

I am not so happy with this one, so any advice is appreciated.:o The flower was painted using reference phot. I took in Florida. Humingbird is my imagination.

Living in Louisiana for 16 years, planted a vine that was supposed to attract hummingbirds and they came. One stayed put for a few days, chasing everyone out, until a female (we assume) came and took off. It is such a nice thing to watch how nature does wonderful things. The specy in Louisiana does not have very bright colors though. Now we are in West Virginia, saw them come by but they never stay.:rolleyes:

I find this painting of mine sloppy but don't know how to fix it.:rolleyes:

Thanks to all of you.

barnburner
07-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Jasmine - since you asked for input, I'll throw my 2 1/2 cents worth in... :)
My guess, for what it's worth, is the you might make the bird's head a little flatter on top, so that it's more inline with the top of the body.
My own personal inclination (and it could be totally wrong), is that the overall size of the humminbird, in relation to the flowers, would probably look better if it were a little smaller.
At any rate, it's a very nicely done painting. :)

pat1940
07-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Jasmine, I am sending you my hummingbird and maybe this can help you
dont give up

Jasminek
08-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi,

Barn., I really appreciated your advice. Looking at the bird again, really agree with you that his size is big for the flower and I am really glad you pointed the head!!!:D Hmm... I couldn' believe it that I just drew it round!!!:( Thanks again dear Barn.:)

Pat1940, really love the painting you sent. Thanks a lot, will try again.:D

Juz
08-02-2010, 04:30 AM
I think the composition is working really well here, there are some really nice strong diagonals. I love the simplicity of the style, it has a fresh and unique quality. :):)

goldenrosa
08-02-2010, 05:20 AM
^^, nice pic... i see it full of joy and pleasant. a new style.

Alexandra
08-02-2010, 11:04 PM
I love hummingbirds, they are so intelligent and full of personality. I like your painting Jasmine. It is very cheerful.