PDA

View Full Version : Blue Willow

jacktar51
07-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Re-Invented for Today....An old Story on a plate,The Willow Pattern,
This is a picture I started in the Work in progress forum, and I wasnt going to show it until it was finished,but I made a cherry blossom sticker brushhead,and I was so pleased with it,that I thought you might like it, its BLUE so you get colours you dont expect,you will need to adjust the HUE setting or guess how far to shift the colour picker to get the colour you want,you will also have to change the 100% to about 300% on the size of brush you are using,but you can play around with this as you want....I am showing this picture before its finished because I have just done the cherryblossom bits, I think you will like this brush,the result speaks for itself,it was done with photomanipulation so its accurate and lifelike...see what you think, the brushead is in the Art Supplies forum if you would like to try it.....Jack.

Jasminek
07-31-2010, 12:32 PM
Wow, this is awesome!!! I am ignorant about the sticker brushhead, shall do the research, thanks for sharing.:)

Alexandra
07-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Beautiful Jack!

jacktar51
07-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Finished the Blue willow pattern plate,hope you like the result...Jack.

jacktar51
07-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Jasminek...Thanks for replying,click on forums,click on Art Supplies,click on anything you want to try out,save to desktop( Its easy to find if you do)..now look for the footprint symbol icon on the lower left side just above the tools pictures,click on that,then click on import sticker......all you have to do then is click on import from desktop,click on the one you saved there and its in your sticker folder ready to be used.....hope this helps, ......thanks for looking in......Jack.

jacktar51
07-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Alexandra...Thanks for the reply Alexandra,always nice to see your name come up, thanks for looking....Jack.

coops
08-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Wow Jack and double WOW, this is so beautiful and so intricate. You must have such a lot of patience, I love it but then I love anything oriental and this ticks all the boxes for me. Very well done Jack:)

jacktar51
08-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks Coops...I made a Blue Cherryblossom brush to do this quick( always try to save time) it took me two days,to do the plate...well I did do other things as well,like making some brush heads etc,I thought you might like the cherry blossom brush head,so I put it in the Art supplies forum,and theres a Gold coin one as well, help yourself if you want it,its there for anyone who would like to have a go anyway...thanks for your reply Coops.....Jack.

Fashmir
08-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Jack- This is such a clever thing to do. I love how this turned out. Your invention of the cherry blossom sticker brush is very pleasing indeed. Well done mate!

pat1940
08-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Wow and wow, this is beautiful Jack, but I love all your work:):):)

Juz
08-02-2010, 05:03 AM
Brilliant idea and extremely well executed. Just one small suggestion would be to add the shine to the glaze itself. :):)

goldenrosa
08-02-2010, 05:08 AM
it look like a Chinese blue painted dish :)
very nice one

jacktar51
08-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Fashmir.... Hello David,If I do any brusheads or stickers I think people might like to try,I always post them in Art Supplies,I try to make things look as natural as possible,sometimes works sometimes it doesn't,pleased you like this one...the stuff I post isnt meant to be replacement for the artists own work,its meant more as an aid to help anyone with a time limit,or a deadline to meet,there is no copyright on any of my stuff and the photograph I used is from an old one of the cherry blossom in my back garden,,I just use random rotation on it to make it non-uniform,I will post more if I think they are good enough, just hope they will be of some use, they can be changed and altered at will and your own or other flowers can be added to make each picture individual of course,thanks for the reply David, hope you may find something useful, even if it just saves you a bit of time....best regards ..Jack.

jacktar51
08-02-2010, 05:42 PM
pat1940...Thanks for replying Pat,Pleased that you like the brush,I didnt put the settings down because each person has there own individual likes and dislikes about colour ,tint, etc,nice to have your feedback though,thanks Pat....Jack.

jacktar51
08-02-2010, 05:46 PM
JUz....Hello Juz, thanks for that Idea,I was going to do that but posted it a bit prematurely,because I was pleased with the sticker I made,good suggestion ,I will bear this in mind for the next plate I do...,lol,...thanks for your comment Juz,appreciate you coming in with it....Jack.

jacktar51
08-02-2010, 05:48 PM
goldenrosa....Thank you for replying, pleased that it looks like what its supposed to look like,lol.....Jack.