PDA

View Full Version : Fish-deco

Sketchism71
07-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Art and fishing are two of my favorite hobbies. Lately, I have been hitting the water with my fly rod a whole lot more than I have been hitting my tablet with my pen.

My father recently gave me an old antique fly rod (for display) and I thought I would paint something to hang up on the wall next to it. This is actually three separate paintings merged into one. Each fish was painted full size on its own layer and then transformed onto the designed background (thank you Peter W for the grunge stencils).

100% AR3 using mostly brush, knife, and crayon.

Thanks for checking it out!:)

waheednasir
07-28-2010, 06:34 AM
looks nice..:). nice lay out.
i might the reduce the lightness of the lighter/brightest rectangle as it sort of takes the attention away from the fish (focus) and the text. you can even lighten the text a little to make it stand out more against the background. just a little. my humble suggestions..:).
good job.

Mairzie Dotes
07-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Sketchism71,
And a most artfully inspired and successful "Fish-deco" angler you are.
Very well designed and presented, mounted beauties that any worth
his salt fisherman would be proud to display. :)

alkratzer
07-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Nice work Sketch -- I hope everyone clicks and sees the enlarged version, there is some beautiful detail in the fish! Al

marcialsj
07-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Excellent work! I love the graphic look you've achieved and the sportsman colors you've used. I don't know much about fish but I would hang this piece of artwork on my wall. Looking at the comments from others above, I like the way you use the contrasts between the fish and the backgrounds, IMO maybe you could make the background color on the left fish a tad lighter so you could see the "rainbow" writing a little easier, but all in all this is perfect.

ScottF
07-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Sketch, this is going to make one fine accompaniment to the antique fly rod! Great work!

Lima
07-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Sketch, just so very well done:eek:. Great work.

Sketchism71
07-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Thank you Waheed! I experimented quite a bit with different color patterns as accents to the fish but I must admit, I didn't focus that much on value. Looking at it again, I believe you are correct in that rectangle could decrease a bit in brightness. I always appreciate feedback like that...Thank you!:)

Thank you Marzie!! I always enjoy reading your comments. They seem to finalize my projects:)

Thank you Al! Thank you also for mentioning to view the larger image. It was almost a shame to decrease the size of the fish when I transformed them to the background.:)

Thank you marcialsj! I agree with the you on lighter words. I am going to adjust the value in this. I will post the adjustment when I finish. Thank you for your input.:)

Thank you Scott! I think my father will enjoy it as well!:)

Thank you Oriane for the wonderful comment!:)

AT-TA
07-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Nice work, Sketch..i like it.

Fashmir
07-29-2010, 06:19 AM
I like this very much Sketch. I began to collect books on animals when I was very young and loved the illustrated ones best. I still prefer illustrated animal books to photographed ones. Your work is reminiscent of some of the best stuff I've seen in that genre.

coops
07-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Wonderfully artistic Sketch. Well done:)

barnburner
07-29-2010, 11:51 AM
What a great idea, and so beautifully done...:)

Alexandra
07-31-2010, 03:37 PM
A very attractive and creative painting Eddie.:):):):):)

Juz
08-02-2010, 04:36 AM
Wow sketch:eek:, they seem like you've become a taxidermist they are so realistic. Brilliant rendering as always :):)