PDA

View Full Version : From Ancient Babylon Via Daniel

Fashmir
07-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Here is an illustration I just finished for a company that provides imagery for public speakers. It is meant to represent a dream image depicted in the second book of Daniel in the old testament of the Christian Bible. I had a ton of fun with this. Religion aside that book contains some very cool and epic imagery on the scale of any of the great mythologies.

I hope you enjoy this.

L Skylar Brown
07-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Absolutely Superb Illustration! Yes, the Christian Bible is a fantastic collection of mythic stories and legends. A great source for imagry.

Lima
07-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Fashmir, a well-designed and crafted image. One can understand the drama that is happening at the moment.

One question: how big is the image in AR3 that you worked to get details so accurately perfect, and so sharp?

Another question: the image had a digital processing outside AR?

Since I'm asking a lot, Fashmir one last question: Do you by chance already printed this picture? The result does justice to the image?

Fantastic work of art dear friend.:eek:

Fashmir
07-27-2010, 01:17 AM
Skylar- Thanks for looking in a commenting. Yeah the imagery described is so ripe with symbolism that discussion of it can and does occupy much time and debate. I find it fascinating and exciting as much as any fantasy or Sci Fi imagery which I also enjoy immensely.

Orianelima- - Thanks my friend! :)

This one is 4167 X 5000 pixels.

All major work was completed in AR Studio Pro with the exception of some experimentation with shapes done in photoshop using the liquify tool.
That work was brought back in to AR and painted using AR tools. No other processing took place outside AR to the best of my recollection.

I have not had occasion to print this yet. I have no plans to print it at this time, but may choose to do so later.

Here are some close ups to show the size and details.

Mairzie Dotes
07-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Fashmir,
Absolutely awe inspiring art work. The detailing, presentation and effort
involved in it's creation leaves me breathless and in admiration of this
creative masterpiece of the mind and spirit. Many sacred influences,
symbols and messages are represented within this captivating piece.
Touching, gripping and most powerful. :)

jacktar51
07-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Dear David.....How nice is is too see one of your masterpieces on the forum.... very well portrayed and executed,a fine work of art,good to see some of your work again.....best regards....Jack.

Fashmir
07-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Mairze-Thanks for such high praise. I am glad you enjoy the image. :)

Jack- Good to see you in here my friend. Thanks for looking in and commenting. I haven't been around the forum as much lately but I still use AR every day and think of the old AR group here often. :)

ScottF
07-27-2010, 06:46 PM
What a fine fine piece! This is on a par with whatever religious/mythic ilustration I´ve seen in any book. Just stunning!

Sketchism71
07-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Absolutely one of the best illustrations I have seen posted on here to date! Your work is mind-blowingly good Fashmire. Congratulations!

fraser_paice
07-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Great stuff mate... All it takes is years of practice and a great big chunk of talent I guess!

Alexandra
07-28-2010, 12:43 AM
Outstanding in every way! I love to read of Daniel and Nebuchadnezzar, and have enjoyed in depth studies of this awesome part of the Holy Bible. Again, simply outstanding work-you are incredibly talented.

justjean
07-28-2010, 02:53 AM
How wonderful, your attention to detail is outstanding :)

Lima
07-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Fashimir surprising your work. Breathtaking:eek:. As Fraser said "All it takes is years of practice and a great big chunk of talent". Well done.

AT-TA
07-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Beautiful work, fashmir... outstanding...love the gold glittering from the picture...

barnburner
07-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Wow! After viewing this, I feel like I should turn my copy of AR into a plowshare or something useful...
This painting is so good that I'm without words to express just how good it is!
Amazing.:)

Fashmir
07-29-2010, 05:05 AM
ScottF- Thanks for that. I've been looking at it a bit too long to see it with those eyes so it's especially nice to hear. :)

Sketchism71- That is such high praise I feel obliged to both thank you and express that if the image is truly worthy of any regard it is those who view it that give it any importance. I am grateful for your participation.

fraser-paice- :D Thanks mate. I almost think you could be describing marriage. ;) Congratulations again on that.

Alexandra- Thank you so much. I'm glad you have both an artist's and scholar's perspective to offer. I have seen many images of Nebuchadnezzar's dream that inspired and informed my own work. With this one though, I wanted to create a depiction of the "statue" as a living entity, in motion, and with the arrogance to believe in it's own illusions of dominance and control. I felt this would more closely symbolize the blind egocentric nature of politically based human "power".

justjean- Thanks. Detail is one of the things I take particular enthusiasm in working with.

orianelima- Thank you again for looking in on this image. You are kind and generous in your nature.

AT-TA- Thank you. This is the first image I have painted that contains so many "metal" FX. Some of the surfaces came together more easily than others. I have to say the silver chest and arms presented me with the most challenges.

barnburner- Do you really feel like reducing your copy of AR into something quite so pedestrian? LOL I surely hope not! I hope rather that you may feel a surge of energy to paint, just as I feel when I see works I enjoy. By participating in the act of painting and experiencing the journey through each one, large or small, you add to the world in far more ways than a picture. We each contribute to the positive and eternal creative energy of the universe by such acts. What we get back from the universe in return is priceless.

coops
07-29-2010, 10:13 AM
You are so talented Fashmir. This painting is awe inspiring.:)

hinket
07-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey Fashmir,

Not only is your image fantastigorical,
and of course, incredibly well-painted,
but also,
I find your replies interesting to read,
and illuminating. :D:D:D

silvy
07-31-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm speechless. A Masterpiece:):eek:!

Juz
08-02-2010, 04:19 AM
Absolutely fabulous Fashmir. So many things to drool over in this piece; the 3 point perspective and colour of the distant building, the detail in the dagger, the rendering of the metals and smoke, the lighting and even the (eww) burnt feet detailing.
Brilliant Maestro :):eek::eek::)
I cannot imagine the level of patience it took to put this marvel together but i'm sure you have enough spare to upload a little to me ;)

sabena
08-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Fashmir

bravo pintura fantástica absoluty:eek::)