PDA

View Full Version : Rough Justice...

jacktar51
07-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Sometimes when things got out of hand,after months at sea,vicious arguments would break out among the crew,usually about someone stealing someone elses rations..a matter of life or death amongst the men....The dead tree branch points an accusing finger at the culprit.... He will never do it again...................Rough Justice...
Hope you like the Picture....Jack.

pat1940
07-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Jack, always love your paintings and the stories that go with them, could to tell me what you use for your beautiful blending, if you use the knife, which one and what do you have all the setting at, I seem to have trouble finding the right blending tool, would really appreciate your help:):):)

Lee
07-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Dear Jack,, !!!!!:eek: oooo! very serious today!!!??? short and to the point? story and painting, well done!!!:)

MagenSparks
07-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Excellent work. Very dramatic.

Lima
07-27-2010, 01:00 AM
Great Jack.

jacktar51
07-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Thank you very much for your replies everyone,much appreciated...

pat1940..I have found blending is not that easy in Artrage(Not for a smooth blend,(where you can see no joins or ridges)so I use the tiny frost to blend at a large size then use the instant blur when I think its blended enough, actually I use the B key and CTRL together to deliberately blur out tool marks I dont want showing as well, you can define the area you want to smudge blurr or whatever with the freehand dotted line select if its a particular part you want to blend, also you can use a second layer fade the first layer then adjust the second layer until you get a nice combination that you like,you can also just blurr one of the layers and put it on the top to get an Artistic blurr without loosing too much detail,you can adjust that too with the layer opacity( Click drag up or down on the black spot)Ah -har!)...hope some of these come in handy, and help a bit with the problem,and I know its either toooo much with the pallette knife settings or not enough,no happy medium,I must mention this to the Artrage team....Anyway hope this helps Pat, good luck with it.....Jack.

pat1940
07-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Jack, thankyou so much for your reply on blending, I am going to print the advise out so I have it in front of me and practise with it, I thank you again and looking forward to seeing your beautiful art works and your wonderful stories:):):);););)

ScottF
07-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Another very fine one, Jack!

Sketchism71
07-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Excellent painting / illustration Jack! I love how your artwork pulls me in always wanting to know more of the story behind the images. :eek:

waheednasir
07-28-2010, 06:45 AM
i really like the palette..:).

Nika
07-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Very sad story.:( Great work :)