PDA

View Full Version : Old Woman - In Water Colour

Jasminek
07-22-2010, 04:45 PM
HI,

My second painting in water colour. I painted it from a picture I took a while ago. This was in mountain tribe market in the Northern Thailand. She did not speak any language I understand, so I needed an interpreter. For the way she looked, another merchant in the market said she should be her 80s. It was explained that she had to climb several hills to the market to sell vegetables. The rules of the mountain tribes often leave the elderly on their own when the children are dead. She couldn't speak well but I felt sorry for her that I donated little money and brought the vegetable home for my mother. When we travel in Asia, I love to go to the local markets and elderly and children who sell things get my money whether I need the things they sell or not.:rolleyes:

I picked this picture because of the stripes on her top were very challenging.

Please feel free to give me comments and advice, I appreciate everyone of you.:)

Jasminek
07-22-2010, 04:48 PM
This is the picture, I didn't dare paint the stripes as original, very difficult for me on the face too.:(

Mairzie Dotes
07-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Jasminek,
You have poignantly presented with your art what a demanding life of
toil this woman must experience and yes ... it is now time for her to rest.
Lovely sentiment and well painted! :)

ScottF
07-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Great subject! You´re coming along well with the watercolors--a medium that I haven´t yet had the courage to try. :)

justjean
07-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Jaminek, I think your painting is heart warming and beautiful :)

Jasminek
07-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks to everyone for kind comments. I feel that I could have done better using oil but wanted to try water color, could be that I picked wrong image for water, will take more time to improve it, especially on the face.

Thanks to all of you again.:)

Valerie
07-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Jaminek this is fantastic, great job you did on this water color.
Val

barnburner
07-23-2010, 12:55 PM
A very well done, and touching painting. Well done!:)

pat1940
07-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Jasmine, you are doing so well with your watercolor, and I like that you realized that you need to work on the face a little, just a little darker flesh and some aged brown spots in there, but I love your colors and you are doing great, so keep going:):):););)

Jasminek
07-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi Pat1940, thanks for the notes. I do have a problem on the face which is very important. When I tried adding age spots, it seem to become quite rough for some reason but I will try again. Thanks sincerely.:)