PDA

View Full Version : Blended Drawing Test

Caesar
07-21-2010, 04:13 PM
I made this imaginary drawing too to quickly test the smoother effect of pencil once blended with knife ...

mannafig
07-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Again I love this style and a very beautiful subject:):)

Alexandra
07-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Beautiful again Cesare!

MagenSparks
07-21-2010, 05:37 PM
With a wet blender, pencil shades pretty well. (See My Belly's couch) My only complaint is that I can't get the knives small enough to do minor details, such the face of this lady here. I've had better luck tossing a bit of felt marker in a similar color.

Caesar
07-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Thank You, dear Amanda, but in this case I didn't correct it too much, so there are mistakes, but I was eager to carry out the experiment and see how smooth the transitions I could get this way were ....

Thank You, dear Sandra. Having 10-15 minutes each now and then, I can only proceed to quick experiments ...

Dear Magen, I tried the sharp (practically doesn't smudge), the soft (it tend to move too much the lines and/or smudges a little too heavy) and the wet knife (the best, as You say). Actually I noticed that either the felt pen and the watercolor close to the lines takes their color with them with interesting effects, but You loose the traits, different watercolors on watercolor pencils .... Thank You!

MagenSparks
07-22-2010, 05:11 PM
When I used the felt marker over pencil, the colors moved a bit better using a smudge. If I used just one or the other they moved hardly at all. I did use the blend colors tool in there as well. I liked the wet blender and smudge out ones a bit more though, they work much better with the felt markers on the preset default of blending markers. Pencil I prefer the hard/soft tip with the toolsize being quite small.

Another thing that has helped recently with blending a bit is something I picked up from Jack on use of the blur. It has made for some interesting and new avenues to the pen/pencil/felt markers that I seem to be enrapt with at the moment. I appreciate his latest WIP series, showing us how he performs his great works.

ScottF
07-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks for sharing this, Caesar! Im tucking this idea away for future reference.

Caesar
07-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Dear Magen, thank You for the useful tips!

Thank You, dear Scott! I'll keep waiting Your new wonders then, also considering Your mastery with black and white paintings ...

justjean
07-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Another wonderful drawing :)

barnburner
07-22-2010, 11:51 PM
An inspiring subject, and wonderfully done. :):)

Caesar
07-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Thank You, dear Jean and Barnburner! See You too after this first part of holidays!