PDA

View Full Version : XVI century fashion

Caesar
07-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Pencil drawing again. Imaginary. Sketch and final versions ...

pat1940
07-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Dear Caesar, this is absolutely beautiful, just perfect:):):);););)

mannafig
07-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Love the style stunning work as always dear friend:):)

coops
07-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Beautiful work Cesare, looks like she came right out of a romantic novel. Well done:)

Alexandra
07-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Excellently drawn and painted Cesare, beautifully styled.

MJSparks
07-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Great stuff. I enjoy the pencil work, it's one of those mediums that require more attention than most.

Lima
07-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Caesar, it is interesting how you completely dominates this technique. Your mastery of color is sharp and your colors are beautiful. Congratulations dear friend.

Sketchism71
07-22-2010, 05:15 AM
Fantastic work Caesar! Your figure sketching is incredible!

Caesar
07-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Thank You, dear Pat. Not really perfect, but it gives weel enough the idea for an imaginary, referenceless, quick enough excercise. Honestly I'm satisfied enough of this outcome, not a frequent case for me indeed.

Dear Amanda, from a masterfull drawer(ess) as You are, it's an absolutely welcome compliment! Thank You very much!

Yes, dear Katie, but she's probably not at the happy ending as yet ....:D Thank You!

I wish it were so, dear Oriane ... I've been too long a mere drawer, so I find techniques and use of colors exciting, but always a little less natural to me. I should be probably bolder sometimes and often stick more to lessins and golden rules.

Thank You, dear Sketch! I should probably work more on different kind of clothes draping to image more correctly how they fold ... Thank You!

alkratzer
07-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Been watching with interest your recent drawing posts -- you have a deft touch and good eye for line. Very nice work!

Caesar
07-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Thank You, dear AL!
According to scientific research, it seems that, in our vision, tones and shapes (thus oulines too) predominate for our visual intelligence of a scene.
Consistently, painting manuals use to say that whenever You have a good tonal composition, a painting would basically work and You may still improve it using more appropriate colors while the right palette can hardly be sufficient for a good painting if tones are wrong (I suspect they study Your paintings ;), or this cannot be applied to many abstract compositions).

ScottF
07-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Beautifully done, Caesar! There seems to be quite a story lying behind those down-turned eyes.

Caesar
07-22-2010, 09:29 PM
... even on a beautiful lady an expressionless face would not be worth painting or showing as an artpiece :) ... so welcome a story each of us may think of. Thank You, dear Scott!

justjean
07-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Caesar, your sketching is just wonderful, such a relaxed look to it :)

Caesar
07-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Thank You, dear Jean! Actually this is the kind of artistic activity and tool I was used to since my childhood and I learned mostly by myself and self-training ....