PDA

View Full Version : crashing not!

Lee
11-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Dear ArtRage, used to use the old free ArtRage, would drive me crazy when i would be in the middle of a drawing and an email would come in and crash!, my work would be gone! thought it was my old pc but got the new AR2 and no more crashes! thanks!

AndyRage
11-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Wow, really? I didn't even know about that bug in AR1.
Well, I'm glad to have solved it in AR2.

If you do find bugs in ArtRage 2, definitely tell us about them because if we dont know we (probably!) wont solve them.
Especially bugs where you can lose artworks as those are the most soul-destroying ones for artists.

D Akey
11-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Sounds like Deus Ex Machina to me! :D

djmez
11-15-2006, 11:24 PM
I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature, and I posted it in another category, to no response--maybe I can get Andy's comment?

When I load a non-default color picker, like the grayscale sets, it doesn't place a dot over my currently selected color (the default color pickers do this). This makes it a bit difficult to do incremental shading passes, where I'd first shade with 20% gray, then move to 30%, etc.

Thanks,
David

DaveRage
11-16-2006, 03:42 AM
This thread title had -that- word in it! QA team just came off defib :)

Really glad to hear you're having a good time with it. I definitely appreciate people pointing out any problems they encounter as it really helps us to improve the product.

djmez - sorry your question got missed by the sound of it. That is indeed the way it is designed to work. The custom colour picker is like a sampler palette so you're essentially picking colours up off it in the same way you do with the eyedropper tool. I can understand how that could make it fiddly to use in that manner though. I wonder if using the numerical picker would help in the situation you describe, where you'd be able to increment values by a specific precise amount for each pass. Hope that helps!

sweeneymini
11-16-2006, 10:15 PM
If you do find bugs in ArtRage 2, definitely tell us about them because if we dont know we (probably!) wont solve them.
Especially bugs where you can lose artworks as those are the most soul-destroying ones for artists.

What about cats? :wink:

AndyRage
11-16-2006, 10:30 PM
The cats are impossible to remove from ArtRage. They somehow always manage to sneak back in before release.

D Akey
11-16-2006, 10:41 PM
So you're saying it's furr. . . fur balls causing the . . . cack. . . cAck. . CACK Blup blup . . . crashing? ya. . . I mean bugs?

As a man by day and werewolf by full moonlight, I am not subject to such problems. No crashes. No bugs. Just a little eye strain.

sweeneymini
11-17-2006, 12:22 AM
The cats are impossible to remove from ArtRage. They somehow always manage to sneak back in before release.

Hmmm...maybe you can train them to catch the bugs then :wink: