PDA

View Full Version : A Blue Moon

cathdude
11-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Here's another one. I did this on a black canvas. Please critique! I think I am getting hooked onto Artrage :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

D Akey
11-15-2006, 09:50 PM
:oops:

D Akey
11-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Very Masonic.

Looks likt it was inspired by the image on the back of the One Dollar bill (US). But I don't think you're going to have the treasury department on your tail. Heh.

So you're pulling imagery from the depths of your psyche. Always an interesting thing to explore in painting.

As far as it goes, you have to make choices about painting. Do you have any interest in adding color, detail, etc.

It's a little simplistic if you were to hang a painting like this. . . unless. . . you really got into the paint application and approached it as an abstract division of shapes on the canvas. Then it could be something to look at.

As it is, it looks like a sketch for some more fully developed painting. And as such, sometimes it's good to have these working images as ways to track the artist's process in bringing into being a painting.

Good start! I hope you keep drawing from deep inside yourself.

cathdude
11-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi D'Akey - thanks for the post. I am working on this one - adding some details, and it's maturing. Will post soon. Your comments are great, and are on the mark! :D :D :D

lastsalvo
11-24-2006, 09:46 PM
I'd give more details to the clouds around the moon to force the viewer to focus beyond the cave. Also, consider lighter values to brighten up the center, even just a bit. Overall very dramatic, I can feel holing up in this damp cold cave looking out into the moon. Well done.