PDA

View Full Version : ArtRage 2.2 free with Low Solution Pentablet

s_boy70
11-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Hi together,

I found in the forum informations about high resolution and Art Rage 2.2.
I've problems with the contradiction.

My Fujitsu tablet PC Stylistic® 3500R (TecSpec: http://support.fujitsupc.com/CS/Portal/supportsearch.do?srch=TECHSPECS) only allowed 800x600 solution.
The tablet performance is good enough for my requirements but the dialogs of Art Rage appeare so big (without possibillity to scroll) that I can't use the Options on the top and (more important) the buttons on the bottom of the dialogs.
It's possible to change this?

Thanks @ all for helpful answers,

best regards
s_boy

DaveRage
11-14-2006, 03:17 AM
We have an issue at the moment with some dialogs in 800 x 600 which I've noted in our list to fix as we do intend to support 800 x 600 layouts. Pressing the enter key will still confirm a dialog and pressing escape should cancel it, but that's more clumsy than is ideal so we will be looking into this.

You can send an email to support@ambientdesign.com with any dialogs you have noticed which are affected and I can check these off here to make sure I'm getting similar behaviour and there's nothing we've missed.

s_boy70
11-14-2006, 10:03 AM
If I use ArtRage in FullScreenMode the virtual keyboard of pen tablet is unusable. It's not possible to use ESC or ENTER.
The dialog where I've seen this is there to generate a new file/project.

DaveRage
11-15-2006, 12:45 AM
Thanks for that. The new file dialog is the panel which we are aware of a problem in and we do intend to fix this for an update. Sorry for the inconvenience here.

One thing - Typically on TabletPCs, one of the default hardware buttons on the bezel surrounding the screen should be an enter key. I'm not sure about the Stylistic, but thought I'd mention it.

In Artrage 2.11 free you should find that this works correctly ( dialog is the correct size ) so if you would like a copy of that you can grab one here - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/files/ar211winfreeinstall.exe

s_boy70
11-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Many Thanks - I will try with the 'downgrade'

Best Regards

s_boy70
11-17-2006, 08:33 AM
In Art Rage 2.1.1 it works fine - Thanks again!

I see in the german version of ArtRage 2.2 a small bug.
The html manual file in this version named handbuch.htm - The programm tried to use manual.htm an reports an error. In german version of Art Rage 2.1.1 the error is not included.

BR

DaveRage
11-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Thanks for that! We'll get the manual naming issue with the Free Edition German version sorted out as well.