PDA

View Full Version : Info

cripster
11-09-2006, 05:17 AM
Does anyone know of any websites that i can get painting tips from, like you can get books to show you how step by step

maror
11-09-2006, 07:19 AM
hmmm.... i know some sites but can you tell me for what in special you need a tutorial?

(as a silly answer... www.google.com and search for drawing tuorials..)

greez and good luck with your new tablet

maror

D Akey
11-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Are you looking to learn general painting sensibilities or are you wanting to learn within the context of a program or style?

There were some really cool ones on deviantart.com

Once you register, if you haven't already, do a search for 'tutorial' and 'painting'. They have scads of tutorials on many art techniques and styles.

The tutorials are as good as the people who made them. Many are pretty good.

Of course, some people on this site have their tutorials on their private sites. Sweedie immediately comes to mind.

And you can search the web by applicatiion. Some of the older art programs have lots of tutorials on SIG sites.

Oh, I saw a tutorial or two on http://forums.cgsociety.org

cripster
11-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks i'll cheak over the weekend at home where i'll have more time.

D Akey i mainly want to do landscapes, my biggest prolem is getting the everything in the right place and angle.

Sethren
11-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Sometimes i visit the CG Society forums. Sometimes they have fairly good painting tips done with photoshop and painter allthought the same techniques can easily apply to art rage. Much of it is Matte Painting but others are regular 2D painting as well.