PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Kelpie... I mean swamp hag!

Fashmir
11-08-2006, 06:04 AM
Jack and Speggies recent offerings from the realms of darkness have inspired me to have a go. ( I know I know I'm a little late for Halloween and the guys seem to have moved on from the chillers). Any hoo. Here is an image of a kelpie returning from having been banished by a powerful wizard. She will gather her strength and return to her haunts to way lay unwary travelers.

Levent Suberk
11-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Dear Fashmir, this one is wonderful, perfect colours and textures.

Jules
11-08-2006, 11:06 AM
'Yikes!!' :shock: That is one scary tree ! Very good Fashmir 8)

ENCHANTER
11-08-2006, 06:19 PM
i THINK SHES FORGOT TO SHAVE UNDER HER ARMS !!! :wink:

COOL PAINTING AS USUAL FASHMIR :D

speggie
11-08-2006, 06:23 PM
fantastic stuff fashmir ............love the overall piece great texture on the creature ...........reminds me of an old christmas cracker joke ...........
why was the lighthouse embarrassed?
because the sea weed............hee hee ............ :lol:
the kelpie rules nice one again matey ............ 8)

sorry for the spelling mistakes ....hee

Rkngel
11-08-2006, 06:41 PM
"because the sea weed"

HAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!! (never heard that one before).

I really like the textures and colors Fashmir, nice!!

SEA WEED :lol: :lol:

jacktar51
11-08-2006, 07:25 PM
OOOHHHhhh!!!!,,,,TIZZ Great......What a fantastic Imagination you have Fashmir...With the perception you have..plus the Imagination....Plus the Ability....Tizz no wonder that you are an Artist!!!!!!...A Fearsome Beastie...
Great painting Fasmir....Jack.

AndyRage
11-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Excellent picture. Love the lighting and sinister plant thing.
And here I thought it was going to be a friendly Australian dog!

D Akey
11-08-2006, 09:44 PM
why was the lighthouse embarrassed?
because the sea weed............hee hee ............ :lol:

New one for me too, speggie. Very funny.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fashmir
11-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Levent Suberk- Thanks. I am glad you like it.

Jules- It did start out as a tree in a much larger painting that is still in progress. I couldn't resist isolating the shape and making it a scary monster. Thanks.

ENCHANTER- THIS CREATURE WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE A CONCEPT OF SHAVING UNDER HER ARMS. WHY AM I YELLING AT YOU?

There... ah that's better. Funny that, there's this little button on my keyboard that turns off the yelling. :wink:

speggie- Thanks. I just tried out the lighthouse riddle on my wife... I got a *very* dry chuckle. Well I thought it was funny. :)

Rkngel- Thanks.

jacktar51- Thanks for that Jack.

AndyRage- Thanks. I actually got my wires (and my legends) crossed when I posted this one. I had in mind a swamp hag and having made her look kind of seaweedy, tossed on the name kelpie. I forgot for a short span that the kelpie legend is of a horse like creature that drags people to their deaths in the water. I'm working on a better image of the swamp hag concept that is less tree like (too confusing).

D Akey- .... uh... nice you could stop in... and ... uh... talk to... speggie.

Jules
11-09-2006, 10:04 AM
There... ah that's better. Funny that, there's this little button on my keyboard that turns off the yelling. :wink:

Hey, Fashmir tell me where that button is?? LOL

justG
11-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Nice to see you've got a bit of time to play with AR again, Fashmir. The painting is lovely, needless to say (but said anyway). I rather like that it takes a moment for the brain to transition from "tree" to "sea hag."

Missed you around here. It's good to see you.

Fashmir
11-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Jules- Heh, that is a very special button, made by the tiny swishing shushers of the island of Cap Slock. :lol:

Gita- Thanks. It is a while since we've talked, good to see you too. I think you went missing for a while there too. I just keep getting too busy but I still lurk fairly regularly.

sweeneymini
11-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Cool. I like the addition of the fireflys 8)

Selby
11-09-2006, 11:17 PM
eep i need a nightlight now :roll:

good one Fashmir very spooky...makes me think of mangrove trees which can be very spooky at night

Selby

D Akey
11-09-2006, 11:29 PM
D Akey- .... uh... nice you could stop in... and ... uh... talk to... speggie.

Hahah. I didn't know you were hanging around for feedback. Not everyone does you know. Welcome back.

Nice image. Professional looking. Sorta reminds me of an old Eerie or Creepy magazine cover.

You've got it keyed color and wise. Would make a cool cover for the Logo and all the reversed text describing the treasures lying within.

I don't know if that was your intention, but it's sometimes fun to lay some dummy text over it to see how the image holds up if there's stark yellow or white and black (etc) sharing the page with your image. Sometimes wants more contrast. Sometimes not.

8)