PDA

View Full Version : [2.2.9] Layer palette disappearing trick

justG
11-04-2006, 06:18 PM
OS X 10.4.8 Mac Pro

1. Make sure Dock is set to automatically hide/show itself.
2. Start ArtRage.
3. Maximise using ArtRage's menu button, rather than OS X application window's button.
4. Play hide-and-seek with the #(*!&#%(@# dock to try and grab the layer palette and pull it over to the side a bit.
5. Hit Cmd-Opt-D to toggle Dock auto-hide and make it "stick."

Layer palette goes buh-bye.

It comes back if you toggle the full-screen state of the window, but thought I'd report it anyway.

Thanks!
.g

DaveRage
11-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Thanks justG! We'll take a look at this.

MattRage
11-07-2006, 01:24 AM
This is a side effect of the way the Menu and Dock work in X. I haven't yet been able to find a way to vanish the dock without also vanishing the menu, which we need when in full screen mode. It's been really frustrating trying to get the app to work how I want it but it looks like we're just so far outside Apple's general guidelines that I will have to do something drastic!

In a future revision, I am going to change how full screen mode works, restore the menu items to the AR menu bar and hide both the OS menu and the dock so that they cannot get in the way.

MattRage
11-07-2006, 01:25 AM
Ah, the window shifting down on Cmd-Option-D I didn't know about, I will look in to that one too. Ideally we'd lose the AR window titlebar in full screen mode but that's another thing the windowing system doesn't like doing (switching from no titlebar to titlebar never used to be possible, it may be now, I'll check in to it).

justG
11-08-2006, 05:35 AM
If you use the OS X window buttons, you keep the titlebar. If you use AR's maximise button, you lose the titlebar. Clicking around randomly to tey to reproduce a bug is... interesting, and a little nauseating. =]

(Yes, I know I used "random" and "reproduce" in the same sentence. Dave will forgive me, I know.)