PDA

View Full Version : "Scumbling"

UndyingSong
11-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Where did the scumbling feature go? : (

I used to put the brush tool at 0% loading to get an awesome smudging effect.. but now it only smears it slightly, like some kind of photoshop tool..

Help?

DaveRage
11-03-2006, 05:16 AM
Due to changes with the way the paint works ( the inclusion of thinners for example ), there is a difference in the way that the dry brush feature works between 2.11 and 2.2. I have been doing some checking this afternoon and was able to observe it here, that dry brushing in 2.11 blends further than 2.11.

We will look into this as a bug for fixing in an update. Sorry for the inconvenience there!

UndyingSong
11-03-2006, 06:11 AM
As usual, I'm given a quick and wonderful response! Thank you so much!!

I recieved your message, Dave Rage, and I think I will simply be patient and await the next update for the dry brush technique to return. I'll just use the palette knife and the other wonderful new features in the mean time. (Like the multiply feature for making layers transparent! I can finally delete photoshop now! WOO!!) : )

I also want to say that I LOVE the way paint can be thinned down now. It looks so gorgeous.

I'll make sure to be annoying and make posts if I find anything else suspicious. Thank you again! Now to get back to painting..

Tatsuyame
11-03-2006, 09:24 PM
I'll make sure to be annoying and make posts if I find anything else suspicious. Thank you again! Now to get back to painting..

lol...sry, I just thought that was funny. :lol: