View Full Version : 2 Bug Reports: Stylus eraser and screen rez

John the Artist
11-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Technical Info:
Version: 2.2.8 Paid Version
Platform: Mac OS X Intel
Hardware: Mac Pro 2.66GHz
Tablet: Wacom Intuos3 6x11

Bug #1 Description: [EDIT: Duplicate bug report - Sorry for not reading further down first.]
Grab the pencil tool and scribble. Flip stylus over to erase and instead draw more lines.

Bug #2 Description:
Open ArtRage on Mac Pro with 30" display (2560x1600) and go to Edit > Resize the Canvas... Once in the dialog box click Use Screen Size button and nothing happens. Resolution stays at 1024x768. Entering larger values manually works as a workaround.

Otherwise a very awesome release. Very quick and responsive build. (I jumped from 2.11, so a big improvement!)

=)

DaveRage
11-03-2006, 04:30 AM
Hi John,

Thanks for the details. We've just done an updated release for the Mac today which you should find fixes the stylus problem - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3045

This is probably a silly question, but are you running ArtRage at full screen when you click "Use Screen Size" on your Mac? The wording can be a little midleading there. If you're running ArtRage in a window, you'll find that the screen size setting creates a document at the same size as the window. If you maximise ArtRage, then the size will adjust to match when you hit "Use Screen Size"

The wording is a throwback to when we used to support fullscreen only, especially on the TabletPC, but I've noted it down and we will be redoing that area of the interface so hopefully we can add some clarity there. ( Use Windows size or something like that )

Hope I'm on the right track, just let me know if I'm misunderstanding there.

John the Artist
11-03-2006, 12:40 PM
D'oh!

You're probably right. I opened the app, tried to expand the canvas, then maximized the window... I'll go to work and re-order those events and let you know, but it seems so obvious now. It's probably fine.

Thanks for the clarification.

=)

John the Artist
11-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Confirmed. PEBKAC Error. (Problem exists between Keyboard and Chair)

Thanks!

DaveRage
11-07-2006, 12:13 AM
To be fair, I do think our wording could use a little work there, seeing as the Window size doesn't = the screen size. I've added this to our bug list. It's all good feedback, thanks!