PDA

View Full Version : Art Rage 2.2

reidh
10-30-2006, 08:51 PM
I am using the free version, and am impressed with work shown by those using the bought version. What I want to know is how much better is the paid version than the free one? I dont like the brush size selector. I want to see a dot representation like i would in ph-shop. Is that possible? to edit and or modify the brush shape and size like that? Also I am using an AipTek 12000 tablet w/stylus. Is that too clunky for good smooth lines and brush effects in Artrage 2.2? Also the drawing area is always huge and in my face with the tool palettes sticking out into the drawing area. I feel cramped. Is there a way to dissconnect these relative features from one another? or is there a way to set their screen resolutions higher so they wouldn't take up so much monitor space? Thats a question, the screen resolution- should I set it to 1280 x 720? Can I, and still have artrage running?

AndyRage
10-30-2006, 10:29 PM
The paid version is definitely worth more than the $19.95 it costs. It gives layers with Photoshop layer blend modes, import/export of layered Photoshop documents, much more control over the tools, reference images pinned to the canvas, and way too many things to mention.

ArtRage works well on high-resolution systems. I'm running it here on a 2560 x 1600 monitor.
If you feel the UI is getting in your way, you can dismiss and restore it with the <tab> key or with a right-click. The drawing area is designed to be huge and in your face - ArtRage is all about getting into a creative mindset and not be distracted by technical controls. You can use the zoom, pan, and rotate tools on the preview pan to shrink and reposition your canvas to a more comfortable position that suits you better.

ArtRage is not supposed to be a Photoshop replacement. Photoshop is a technical application for precise layout and photo-editing. ArtRage is about the chaotic process of being artistic.

reidh
10-30-2006, 11:45 PM
I am def going to buy this ware. I just have to wait til a little later.
see my comment on watercolor in tech forum.

reidh
10-30-2006, 11:49 PM
is an aiptek 12000 tablet and accompaning stylus good enough to use on Artrage? I cant tell from the free version, but if it is just I dont know how to use the program, or it doesnt have suitable interface for low res tablets or what?

DaveRage
10-31-2006, 11:41 PM
I've had Artrage running here on a NISIS tablet ( Thanks AgedP! ) and also a local rebadged tablet which appeared to be of the Aiptek design.

I'd be happy to look at the current behaviour you're getting with the free version. You can send me the details to support@ambientdesign.com if you like. A screenshot or two can be helpful if that's possible, just as much information as you can about the lack of smoothness it sounds like you're experiencing.

Always happy to check these things out!