PDA

View Full Version : Paint My Avatar (post your pictures for painting here)

Jules
02-04-2010, 05:42 PM
(RE-EDIT) If you want your avatar painting, add a photo of yourself to this thread :)

Just a quick idea..

Alkratzer kindly painted my avatar, some other members seem to like it too, so I thought, why not have a PAINT MY AVATAR thread?

What do you think?

Add them here :D

Jules
02-04-2010, 05:51 PM
paint another member rose lol

Jules
02-04-2010, 06:20 PM
I had mine yesterday lmao :rolleyes::D

lolalot
02-04-2010, 06:23 PM
What a great idea, Jules! :)

Caesar
02-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Dear Jules, actually I painted quite a lot of AR members and in many cases they became their Avatars for some cases.
Would it be valid to insert such a gallery here. In case I guess it'll take some time, since they're quite a number ....:D

Jules
02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
What a great idea, Jules! :)

Watch this space lolalot my dear ;):D

Jules
02-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Caesar.. that's right, you've done soooo many.. you should post them all.. I think you can be exempt from doing another.. you are a painting machine!

Yeh, do Caesar :cool:

flyashy
02-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Great Idea Jules!
I suppose we'd have to dip into behind the brush for this then :)

Jules
02-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Great Idea Jules!
I suppose we'd have to dip into behind the brush for this then :)

Yeh unless you ask a member for their photo :D

Alexandra
02-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Uh oh Jules, you know I love painting faces! You might get a surprise!

alkratzer
02-05-2010, 01:26 AM
OK, I'll step up and dare someone to do something with this mug 'o mine...

Extra credit will be given to anyone who regrows my hair or restores me to mid twenties again!

Caesar
02-05-2010, 09:50 AM
As requested, I provided here a selection of my past "damages".
I wasn't able to fit them all on this page and threre are also many other works with AR as protagonists both in some story telling picture or single or group caricatures ...
I apologize to possibly annoy also with the ancient mates who already know them ....:o;):)

Jules
02-05-2010, 11:11 AM

Extra credit will be given to anyone who regrows my hair or restores me to mid twenties again!

haha im sure with todays technology it can be achieved :p

Jules
02-05-2010, 11:13 AM
As requested, I provided here a selection of my past "damages".
I wasn't able to fit them all on this page and threre are also many other works with AR as protagonists both in some story telling picture or single or group caricatures ...
I apologize to possibly annoy also with the ancient mates who already know them ....:o;):)

WOWZA :eek: they are ace Caesar.....where was I when you did these....probably under my rock. they are really good...I cant do caracatures to save my life, I cant even spell it loll :rolleyes::D

alkratzer
02-05-2010, 11:27 AM
haha im sure with todays technology it can be achieved :p

Hell, this is ALREADY after heavy Photoshopping!

Caesar
02-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Thank You, dear Jules!
In some cases You possibly weren't even born already ...:D I've been around since long time anyway on this Forum.:(;)
I cannot earn with caricatures neither, since I'm not so patient to fix a style and a procedure (in case I would get rich here in Rome with such a second job) and I usually paint even better when I get some sort of rapture and/or affection for the models (both only in case of our lovely ladies though).:p
Don't worry about spelling, I can understand it's a hard excercise and discipline English language unfortunately has (especially for natives) and English people cannot guess by firm phonetic rules (especially when they didn't learn Latin or some of its dialects, like French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese) ... :D

Jules
02-05-2010, 12:00 PM

Here ya go AL hehehehe.....my attempt at a caricature :D

I doubt if I'll gain any extra credit for this one LOL

Jules
02-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Thank You, dear Jules!
In some cases You possibly weren't even born already ...:D I've been around since long time anyway on this Forum.:(;)
I cannot earn with caricatures neither, since I'm not so patient to fix a style and a procedure (in case I would get rich here in Rome with such a second job) and I usually paint even better when I get some sort of rapture and/or affection for the models (both only in case of our lovely ladies though).:p
Don't worry about spelling, I can understand it's a hard excercise and discipline English language unfortunately has (especially for natives) and English people cannot guess by firm phonetic rules (especially when they didn't learn Latin or some of its dialects, like French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese) ... :D

Caesar believe me I have been around quite a while....my young looks may be deceiving LOL :rolleyes: over-use of airbrush haha

You are luckier than some, painting ladies :rolleyes::p

I took up Spanish once....came in handy when I was seasick lol

Caesar
02-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Great work, dear Jules! :eek::)
I would say that an even more challenging task, with that sort fish-eye picture, looking already as a caricature, would rather be to draw him undistorted ...:D
Would You mind if I give a funny try too after lunch?

Jules
02-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Great work, dear Jules! :eek::)
I would say that an even more challenging task, with that sort fish-eye picture, looking already as a caricature, would rather be to draw him undistorted ...:D
Would You mind if I give a funny try too after lunch?

Thanks lol.. the paint smudges I tried to keep in the style of Alkratzers art. :rolleyes:

I think I may get a slap for too much distortion :eek::D

You can have as many funny tries as you like...feel free :p

Jules
02-05-2010, 12:30 PM
im going to re-edit my first post

Jules
02-05-2010, 12:41 PM
I have a feeling this may take a while :D

Caesar
02-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Well then, here's our dear Alkatratzer .....:D
You know, I can hardly resiste a challenge ....;):)
I hope he's recognizable and You like the purposedly deviced style.

Caesar
02-05-2010, 03:10 PM
My dearest friend and frequent victim of lsome time ago ;):D, I couldn't bear the idea that Your grat compliments about this painting machine could ever be read with skepticism ...:(:rolleyes::p

Caesar
02-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Thank You again, my dear friend Rose. I didn't mean You were a real victim nor I was referring to last months. I was just impying that You, among the first, had to stand too my cheeky admiration for lovely ladies...;):D:D
Anyway I hope You'll be always well and healthy from now on, without any further Damocles sword of any other intervention ...

Jules
02-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Well then, here's our dear Alkatratzer .....:D
You know, I can hardly resiste a challenge ....;):)
I hope he's recognizable and You like the purposedly deviced style.

HAHA...WOHHHH looks like I need to step up the mark :eek::cool::p

Like his shirt, is he a football ref? lol :p

Jules
02-05-2010, 04:02 PM
ok.....I forget the unique Al 'lines' hehe

full scale here http://bit.ly/bXACvr

hanzz
02-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Man, your name is hard to remember....Drawing your caricature was a lot easier, than remembering your name !
Was waiting for someone, so I did this to kill the time..Hope you don't mind...

Jules
02-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Man, your name is hard to remember....Drawing your caricature was a lot easier, than remembering your name !
Was waiting for someone, so I did this to kill the time..Hope you don't mind...

Now THAT's a caricature hanzz :eek: hehe.....

Al will be getting a nose complex :(:D

How I remember his name Al k ratz er ;)

hanzz
02-05-2010, 04:24 PM
See? I knew it was kratz-something !

Jules
02-05-2010, 04:25 PM
hehe.... :)

Jules
02-05-2010, 04:36 PM

Just after some more credits HAHA! :D

Caesar
02-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks again Rose for Your kind words and Jules for leading us through this funny adventure ...

Fantastic speedy-caricature, dear Hanzz!

He got a wonderful hippie look too, dear Jules! Brilliant idea and perfect execution! The way I remember his name is evidently by thinking to an Alcatraz prosons guest ... Alcatratzer, then a little pseudo-anagram and ...Alktratzer! :D

lolalot
02-05-2010, 07:48 PM
I'd like someone to paint a picture of me...

p.s. -- I'm not skilled with the brush just yet, so if I were to paint someone's picture, it might turn out messy... so please don't think me as one sided!

So, people seemed to have liked the picture that was taken of me at Mt. St. Helens, Oregon, US. So I'll have that one as reference!

Djenn
02-05-2010, 08:25 PM
This is my artistic head :P

Lima
02-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Eh eh eh, guys you are very funny. Jules this thread is pretty cool. Caesar, you and Jules made me laugh till roll on the floor ... You are very good and with a biting humor.:eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

Jules
02-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Oh, Jules.. this had me laughing a good while! Great job!

heheh..just waiting for Al's comments lol

Jules
02-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Eh eh eh, guys you are very funny. Jules this thread is pretty cool. Caesar, you and Jules made me laugh till roll on the floor ... You are very good and with a biting humor.:eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

hehehe thanks Oriana, I really enjoy been here, more than facebook! :rolleyes:

Jules
02-05-2010, 11:28 PM
OK LOLALOT young man.....here goes......:D

and the full scale image here http://bit.ly/bf2hrZ

alkratzer
02-05-2010, 11:30 PM
OK, I go to work and come back to see all of this!

I laughed so hard I wet myself!!! (And nearly coughed up a lung to boot)

Jules -- Too freaking funny! Second version with the "Al" lines was even more priceless. The xtra credit version actually does bear an uncanny resemblance to me in my 20s -- my hair WAS down to my ass and I had about 4% body fat (just not as ripped -- more of a starving artist kind of look) Full additional credits awarded.

Caesar -- Unfortunately, the original pix was NOT fisheye. Love what you did and especially the addition of the prison stripes shirt -- probably a LOT of people on this forum and elsewhere who think I should be locked up for crimes against art and man.

Both of you did an admirable job in ripping me on my art style as well. Well done indeed!!!

Hanzz -- My wife and son are in Disney on their annual "escape winter" vacation (I stay behind and work to pay for it) They can search every Theme park in Florida to have a caricature done and they will NEVER find a caricaturist to do as outstanding a job as you have provided here.

PS: Just remember "Al" and you've got my name -- dang German surname has long been a source of confusion. Been fighting it (as well as bad genetics) my entire life!

These are valuable treasures to me and I thank you all for taking the time! I can't stop laughing!

Jules
02-05-2010, 11:35 PM

Jules -- Too freaking funny! Second version with the "Al" lines was even more priceless. The xtra credit version actually does bear an uncanny resemblance to me in my 20s -- my hair WAS down to my ass and I had about 4% body fat (just not as ripped -- more of a starving artist kind of look) Full additional credits awarded.

Caesar -- Unfortunately, the original pix was NOT fisheye. Love what you did and especially the addition of the prison stripes shirt -- probably a LOT of people on this forum and elsewhere who think I should be locked up for crimes against art and man.

Both of you did an admirable job in ripping me on my art style as well. Well done indeed!!!

Hanzz -- My wife and son are in Disney on their annual "escape winter" vacation (I stay behind and work to pay for it) They can search every Theme park in Florida to have a caricature done and they will NEVER find a caricaturist to do as outstanding a job as you have provided here.

PS: Just remember "Al" and you've got my name -- dang German surname has long been a source of confusion. Been fighting it (as well as bad genetics) my entire life!

These are valuable treasures to me and I thank you all for taking the time! I can't stop laughing!

Just grinning from ear to ear reading your post....i wondered when you was going to pop up LOL....

Thanks for the credits...now I wonder where I can spend them :p

Juz
02-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Great idea for an art project Jules, fantastic thread.:):)
I laughed so hard at your 'extra credit' piece i had tears :D:D

Jules
02-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Great idea for an art project Jules, fantastic thread.:):)
I laughed so hard at your 'extra credit' piece i had tears :D:D

Haha... cheers, maybe I should paint the xtra credit.... LOL ;)

Jules
02-06-2010, 12:11 AM
This is my artistic head :P

someone paint Djenn....ive run out of paint lol...and its after midnight here in old blighty :p;)

Jules
02-06-2010, 11:19 AM
I see Al has changed his avatar, all 3 of our paintings haha..brill :D

Caesar
02-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Dear Alkratzer, I'm glad You appreciated it. Some black and white, with all Your lively colour palette, would be anyway felt and meaningful I felt, since they're respectively the sum and subtraction of the light colour spectum ...

Thank You again, dear Jules for starting this funny and very promising thread where mates can get furtherly familiar with each other and laugh together!

Jules
02-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Thank You again, dear Jules for starting this funny and very promising thread where mates can get furtherly familiar with each other and laugh together!

Hey, its nice to have friends that REALLY appreciate not just my art, but me as a person.

Cheers Caesar. :)

Caesar
02-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Quite hard not to appreciate You as a person, dear Jules. Your art is just a marvellous extrapolation of a beautiful person and mind who really owns the mystery and magic ....
Take care, dear fellow rascal! ;):D

coops
02-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I have had so much fun reading through this thread, I think you are all brilliant. Congratulations to you all for the avatars and the humour:)

Jules
02-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Quite hard not to appreciate You as a person, dear Jules. Your art is just a marvellous extrapolation of a beautiful person and mind who really owns the mystery and magic ....
Take care, dear fellow rascal! ;):D

Thank you kind Sir...:D its so much fun having you around too Caesar.

All of you are great, you all keep me sane :D

Alexandra
02-07-2010, 09:12 AM
I couldn't resist those beautiful blues and had to join in, sorry Al-hope you don't mind being dry watercolored-collaged.:D

Jules
02-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Hey thats so cool Alexandra! I like the mirrored type effect, very creative :eek::cool: Al is going to have to re-do his animated avatar again eheh...im sure he wont mind a jot ;)

flyashy
02-07-2010, 09:51 AM
What fantastic results!!
This is such a cool thread! I go missing fro a couple of days & there's so much fun I miss.. :)
Great works Jules.
Caesar, those past paintings are quite fabulous, in fat they deserve a gallery in MOARA all by themselves!! & I quite dig the Alcatraz joke ( even if it was at Al's expense! :D)
@Alex, that one looks too cool! Great waters!!
I gotta have a go at this soon!!

Jules
02-07-2010, 09:53 AM
What fantastic results!!
This is such a cool thread! I go missing fro a couple of days & there's so much fun I miss.. :)
Great works Jules.
Caesar, those past paintings are quite fabulous, in fat they deserve a gallery in MOARA all by themselves!! & I quite dig the Alcatraz joke ( even if it was at Al's expense! :D)
@Alex, that one looks too cool! Great waters!!
I gotta have a go at this soon!!

Agree I think Caesar should have his own MOARA gallery :D

Caesar
02-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Dearest Sandra, I already expressed my extreme admiration for this Avatar You elaborated with such a high artistic sense and freshness!

Dear Flyashy and Jules, really kind of You two. Actually I had to select on that famous polyptic page, because I got enrolled here pretty soon. (they were still building the Coliseum):D
I already got a wonderful Moara place and even a Dolce Vita clip by the dear Oriane, so I'm a little worried by any possible further vanity increase (a deadly sin indeed :D). I just wish we could cathegorise our personal gallery so as to arrange our paintings according to their genre.
It wouldn't be bad, for instance, if a could make a AR mates portraits and caricatures only, or funny ones, just to help raising moods in case. :p

jonwood
02-07-2010, 05:22 PM
This is a great thread Jules...somehow I dont think I'll participate.....dont want to offend anyone by giving them a big nose etc :D:D:D

hanzz
02-07-2010, 05:37 PM
So we don't get to draw you ? AAAAH, so sad.....Come on JohnWood, let us have a go at you, you know you want to.
Throw it in the group, Jon.

jonwood
02-07-2010, 05:40 PM
we'll see Hanzz..we'll see ;)

Jules
02-07-2010, 05:51 PM
This is a great thread Jules...somehow I dont think I'll participate.....dont want to offend anyone by giving them a big nose etc :D:D:D
Its ok Jon paint me...ive been offended all day on here :eek:;) feel free :D

Eileen724
02-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I could paint you, Jules, then you can really be offended!!!! :D

jonwood
02-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks Jules I might just do that..BUT you may be sorrrrrrrrrrrrry :D

alkratzer
02-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Glad you like it IRose! Here's a larger version for all to see. (I did this one pretty small though)

Jules
02-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Thank you Al... I now have an awesome new avatar thanks to Al... I love the color and though my hair is longer now, you've made me look 10 years younger! Thanks again so much...

Big hug!!!! I did traditional art today so was busy working with metal and embossing... can't post that here. But will be on my website later. :)

God bless!

OMG your new avatar is brilliant Rose, Al...:cool:

Thanks Jules I might just do that..BUT you may be sorrrrrrrrrrrrry :D
Oh I dont care hehe

I could paint you, Jules, then you can really be offended!!!! :D

Oh, but then again - according to the esteem, I am not to "copy" what you look like nor can I use my "lack of knowledge" of what you look like, so.....therefore......I can't paint you.......lucky you!!!! :D:D:D

Please offend me...I dont mind LOL... copy pinch do whatever...oops sorry thats sounds terribly rude..

Glad I did this thread tbh..some cool images happening... :cool:

hanzz
02-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Hanzz, bravo... wow... that's one awesome caricature!!! And a speedy one? Geesh, I wish I was that talented...

I'm used to do this kinda thing fast.6-7 minutes when live drawing.I did not time this one, but, with coloring and all, it might have been a 20-25 minutes.

Those that are in the easter weekend in the neighbourhood of "Boulogne Sur Mer" in France, will have a chance to see me draw live in the "Salon de l'humour et the la caricature" in Samer. So come over, and I will draw you!;)
I designed the Inviting poster (affiche) this year,painted with AR3, made up with Serif Page Plus.
When it's published I will show over here in my AR3 gallery.:cool:

flyashy
02-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Here's DJen.
It went a bit psychedelic, but hey, I'm on a new wacom, can't stop!! LOL!

Alexandra
02-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Brilliant Fly-I am a huge fan of yours!
I can't wait to paint several here.:cool:
Al-great painting of Rose!
Thanks for the kind words concerning my painting dear Jules, Cesare, Al, and Fly.:)

alkratzer
02-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Fly -- This is FANTASTIC! I can only hope the Wacom never leaves your fingers! We all have much to look forward to!

Jules
02-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Here's DJen.
It went a bit psychedelic, but hey, I'm on a new wacom, can't stop!! LOL!

Love the swirly psychedelia, this is eye candy art :cool:

flyashy
02-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Ah thanks so much Alex, Al & Jules, :D

Psychedelia rools!! right?

now then... where's my acid then.. HAHA..

lolalot
02-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Jules,

MANY MANY MANY thanks for doing that picture! Much appreciated! I must say, great job!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Jules
02-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Jules,

MANY MANY MANY thanks for doing that picture! Much appreciated! I must say, great job!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You are welcome hun :)

Alexandra
02-09-2010, 12:12 PM
I am working on yours Jules.:D

flyashy
02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Who caricats the caricaturist? ;)
(Well, this one is not truly a caricature, but humorous? Indeed!!)

Here's my rendition of the world famous Hanzz Solo!
:D :D :D

Alan
02-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Ooo! I want one, I want one! :)

What kind of photo should I post?

hanzz
02-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Mind you, we show no mercy,we take no prisoners ! we shoot to kill !:cool::cool:

Alexandra
02-11-2010, 02:48 AM
Here is my try at Jules from her photo in the signature. A collage of dots, colors, and effects much like I made Al's. Hope you don't mind it too much Jules!

flyashy
02-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Just awesome Fly!
O.k if I have to... Ill be Leia

Haha, you think I'll let SUCH an opportunity pass by??!!??

to Quote Hanzz:

Mind you, we show no mercy,we take no prisoners ! we shoot to kill !:cool::cool:

:D :D :D

flyashy
02-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Hey Alexandra,
That one is quite brilliant!!

Caesar
02-11-2010, 10:52 AM
OMG, dear Firework-ashy! :eek:
You actually seconded SCP's hidden desire to play as a dark-queen :D (well not that dark-queen, since Leila is a princess and should belong to the other side of the Force).
I think You should now declare Your drawing tablet and pen to the local Police station as a deadly weapon You posses at home!

flyashy
02-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Lol, thanks Caesar,
You know they say that the 'Farce' runs strong in my family ;)

Caesar
02-11-2010, 11:20 AM
... maybe You've got also some Italian ancestors who acted in La Commedia dell'Arte in the XVII or XVIII century then coming in Britain after their success in Paris ...:D

Jules
02-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Caesar do you have a photo I could use :D ?

Caesar
02-11-2010, 12:59 PM
At the moment I could just suggets to see into Behind the Brush, General Chat ... (few pages before the end and another one some pages before)... :D

Alexandra
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Fly as I commented in the gallery section, that is just brilliantly funny!

Uh oh, looks like two people are doing yours Cesare! I started this morning. :D

Caesar
02-11-2010, 06:56 PM
I'll have soon to ask for mercy under so many threatening tablets and pen, dear Sandra.
I just saw Your new marvel, the first blow I got, and ... well, thank You very much. You were so graceful in Your stroke that I survived to the feared possible abuse on my poor, aging face and traits ....:D
I just wonder if Jules suceeded finding my well concealed pictures in behind the brush. I was tempted to send some eledr ones upon her request, but to many people are married round here and I have to keep down my narcissistic tricks ...:p:D;)

Jules
02-11-2010, 07:16 PM
I'll have soon to ask for mercy under so many threatening tablets and pen, dear Sandra.
I just saw Your new marvel, the first blow I got, and ... well, thank You very much. You were so graceful in Your stroke that I survived to the feared possible abuse on my poor, aging face and traits ....:D
I just wonder if Jules suceeded finding my well concealed pictures in behind the brush. I was tempted to send some eledr ones upon her request, but to many people are married round here and I have to keep down my narcissistic tricks ...:p:D;)

you mean I have to scour 94 pages to find your images :eek::rolleyes::p narcissisism is in vogue show em :D

Caesar
02-11-2010, 07:32 PM
OK, I recovered them for You, Jules ...

Caesar
02-11-2010, 08:33 PM
... we should ask Alkratzer to teach us how to make an Avatar carousel like his one ....:rolleyes::)

Jules
02-11-2010, 09:19 PM
... we should ask Alkratzer to teach us how to make an Avatar carousel like his one ....:rolleyes::)

oh there you are :D:rolleyes:

Oh Al has done a alkratzer tutorial thread already hun :D

Alexandra
02-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Uh oh- I forgot to add mine to your section Jules.

alkratzer
02-12-2010, 12:35 AM
One animated GIF coming up!

alkratzer
02-12-2010, 12:39 AM
Here you go Jules

Jules.gif (http://www.alkratzer.com/jules.gif)

Caesar
02-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Dear Alkratzer, where's Your tutorial on Avatar GIFs making pls?

Jules
02-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Here you go Jules

Jules.gif (http://www.alkratzer.com/jules.gif)

aww cheers for that Al.. brill :cool::) I hope your having a good day.

Jules
02-12-2010, 05:42 PM
A scribbly sketch of Mr Caesar :D

Large scale image http://bit.ly/9blesG

Caesar
02-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Thank You very much, dearest Jules!
I really appreciate it! I also got an expression possibly reminding De Niro in Taxy Driver ...:D
Seriously, this sketch is very eloquent on Your talent and it's as balanced, meaningful and beautiful as a finished and polished painting!:eek::cool::):):):):)
I like it very much, obviously, due to my anticipated narcissistic attitudes (as a Gemini someone said, but I'm among the ones who would ban astrology, although I can almost believe I'm a multiple personality...:p)

Alexandra
02-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Beautiful birthday blue eyed lady. I couldn't resist her beautiful photograph in the behind the brush thread.

Alexandra
02-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Awww, that looks great Rose! I bet he will love it!
Now I forgot to upload yours.:D

Alan
02-23-2010, 01:12 AM
Thank-you Rose, these came out wonderful! :)

Alexandra, your painting looks great!

Ailaya
02-24-2010, 11:46 PM
These all look fantastic; great thread idea! :)

And just for fun, here's a new close-up of me :p

alkratzer
02-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Here you go Ailaya! I could not resist giving you a color makeover!

Al

Ailaya
02-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Like I said before, I absolutely love it! Your style is so creative and bright that it can be applied to any image and give it a new brilliant edge! :)

FireFytingNut
02-25-2010, 03:37 PM
OMGOSH what a fun, fun thread!! Great idea Jules! I know this was started a couple of weeks ago. Am I too late for the fun?!?! LOL

I had sent Hanz my pictures and he was having a hard time with what I gave him but I don't have any others right now! :( Since I saw this thread, I thought I would post them here and see if anyone can do an image of me, for me. If not, I understand. :) As another poster mentioned, I am not able to do faces yet. Unless.....of course......you consider stick figures a face. LOL I'll slowly move into that once I get some of these other little fundamentals of creation down! :)

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh248/FireFytingNut/Lil%20ole%20me/TLookinOutDoorBIGCropped.jpghttp://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh248/FireFytingNut/Lil%20ole%20me/TBlackBackground.jpg

There's some others here in Photobucket but not sure they'll help a whole lot.
http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh248/FireFytingNut/Lil%20ole%20me/

:EDIT....PS!: If someone wouldn't mind doing a firefighting caricature of me, I would LOVE IT!!!! Just a lil challenge for ya. LOL

FireFytingNut
02-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Oh hey, was just wanting to ask.....

I see some of your avatars switch images. Like Caesar's does.

How do you do that? I'd love to incorporate whatever you all come up with my current avatar if possible. :)

Caesar
02-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Should You need one more, Jessica, for a carousel GIF Avatar ... here's a really speedy one.
I just wanted to make a try with pencil outlines, so, I hope it's visible enough and You like it ...
Al (who may provide You with a frames changing Avatar) is a master and I'm a little ashamed with my kid's drawing, now that I saw his marvel.:o

One layer, no tracing, reference Ailaya's picture.

Ohww, here's another beauty posing ...
I woudn't like to be accused to be too kind with Artragesses, :p so who volunteers now?

alkratzer
02-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Caesar -- I believe you did a better job in emphasizing her eyes as the focal point!

Ailaya
02-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Dearest Caesar, thank you for your generous and excellent offering, I love the free and open style of this sketch. I always enjoy having my face painted by your master hand :o:) And I believe an animated GIF would be great so as to include all the portraits you and other artists have contributed so kindly and creatively :)

hanzz
02-25-2010, 06:17 PM
If someone wouldn't mind doing a firefighting caricature of me, I would LOVE IT!!!! Just a lil challenge for ya. LOL

That was subtle ! ;)
Don't they have these uniforms in Barbie-Pink ?:D

lolalot
02-25-2010, 08:02 PM
If someone wouldn't mind doing a firefighting caricature of me, I would LOVE IT!!

I agree with FireFytingNut, I really like the caratures that Hanzz does and I believe he does the most amazing I've ever seen. So if I may, I'll post a more recent pic of me, and see who else wants to do my picture...

Again to Jules, thanks for the painting of me!

Caesar
02-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Thank You, dear Al and Jessica! I wasn't not sure this peculiar, high speedy style could be really appreciated ...

Dear FireFytingNut (I realized English phonetics are getting pragmatically strytend overseas:D), it looks like the mythical Hanzz got the right FireFytingNutCracker for You (and he didn't borrow it from Tchaikovskij).:D
For the changing Avatar, I used Photoshop CS portable following Alcratze instructions. You open the pictures You wish there; reduce them (or before with the windows program) at 80x80; drag each of them on the other (so you have them on different levels); You open the animation and they would make the frames of it (put 2 sec or as You wish for each of them to last); save as a GIF. That's it!

You're at two frames now (including Your picture), dear Lolalot, from a 4 pictures carousel avatar; so You need two more to animate it (and/or possibly make a little memo some girl may appreciate ...:D). I'm pretty sure the mighty Hanzz will provide You with his treatment soon, even if You're not a fireman ...:p

Caesar
02-26-2010, 01:57 PM
OK, dear Lolalot, I'm not a master caricaturist, but look if this speedy caricature is a good contribution to Your Avatar cause ...;):)

Jules
02-26-2010, 02:22 PM
That was subtle ! ;)
OMG that's brilliant :D

hanzz
02-26-2010, 03:12 PM
OMG that's brilliant :D

What ? those Barbie dressed firefighters ? Yep, might be... if you're into this...

Thanks Jules. I used a few of the recent posted pictures like this in my site (shop-- page) if you don't mind. I was needing a few, and though I'v done them before, I never bothered to save them.
So now I have,and I could finally use them. This stuff get's asked a lot,so hereby, I've done it .
Thanks to my willing victims...

lolalot
02-26-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the mighty Hanzz will provide You with his treatment soon, even if You're not a fireman ...:p

OK, dear Lolalot, I'm not a master caricaturist, but look if this speedy caricature is a good contribution to Your Avatar cause ...;):)

:D I should hope to be a better painter before I take on anymore titles!

I really like this painting you did of me! A tremendous thanks, Caesar!

lolalot
02-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Here's to Caesar and Jules.

Enjoy!

P.S. Hope I did mess up anything! :o

Caesar
02-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Thank You, dear Lolalot!
I think they're great, although a little disquieting. I'm sure that at Halloween Jules and myself will look gorgeous in these Avatars! :D

Oh, I had 15 minutes to dedicate to an idea on how FireFytingNut would look with her preferred helmet .... :D

lolalot
02-26-2010, 05:56 PM
You're quite welcome, Caesar! I didn't know quite what to do for you guys but I found something in the end... :)

BTW-- Love the helmet on FireFytingNut!

lolalot
02-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Here's one for Alkratzer...

alkratzer
02-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Why Thanks LOLALOT! Too nice of you. I'll add it into my avatar ASAP.
BTW, if anyone wants help with making their avatar animated, please private message me. At some point I'll do a tutorial, just not sure how quickly I'll get to it. -- Al

lolalot
02-26-2010, 07:28 PM
No problem! The least I could do. :)

As soon as I get four pics of me (maybe more), I let ya know!

FireFytingNut
02-27-2010, 07:05 AM
That was subtle ! ;)

Oh.............My.............GOD Hanzz!!! That was FANTASTIC!! OMGOSH!! I'm grinning ear to ear over here!! LOLOL I've never, ever seen myself in the form of a caricature and holy smokes I love it!!! LOL!! WOW!! I'm still cracking up at your "barbie pink" LOL!

Can I save this to my computer Hanzz? I adore it! You did a great, great job. :) Thaanks a bazillion

FireFytingNut
02-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Thank You, dear Al and Jessica! I wasn't not sure this peculiar, high speedy style could be really appreciated ...

Dear FireFytingNut (I realized English phonetics are getting pragmatically strytend overseas:D), it looks like the mythical Hanzz got the right FireFytingNutCracker for You (and he didn't borrow it from Tchaikovskij).:D

For the changing Avatar, I used Photoshop CS portable following Alcratze instructions. You open the pictures You wish there; reduce them (or before with the windows program) at 80x80; drag each of them on the other (so you have them on different levels); You open the animation and they would make the frames of it (put 2 sec or as You wish for each of them to last); save as a GIF. That's it!

Hanzz will provide You with his treatment soon, even if You're not a fireman ...:p

LMAO Caesar!! What is "strytend"? <confused look> LOL No big words Caesar! I've been hit on the head 1 too many times. ::giggles:: You're so funny! :)

Thank you so much for the instruction on the gif avatar. I will definitely try that really soon. I've been so busy in real life the last few days I haven't had a chance to paint! :(

FireFytingNut
02-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Thank You, dear Lolalot!

Oh, I had 15 minutes to dedicate to an idea on how FireFytingNut would look with her preferred helmet .... :D

OMGGG Caesar!! LOL!!! You are too sweet and hilarious! Thank you SO SO very very much!

You know, this may seem silly from the perspective that you and Hanzz are at (and others who do caricatures) but this is SO wild for me! I was telling Vadde last week, I've aaalways wanted to have a caricature done but typically I see the little huts where the artists do them at amusement parks when I'm either hot and sweaty and icky or drenched from some darn water ride and it's certainly not the look I would like. LOL Vadde had troubles working out a caricature for me based on these pictures so I wasn't sure if someone might be able to pull it off or not.

I've only recently learned that when an artist does a caricature, they pick out the most identifying features of the face and/or body. Many people have told me that I have high cheek bones. Unfortunately, a few years of being disabled with a bad back, I began gaining weight so it's more like plump cheek bones now. LOL At any rate, it is so interesting to see what features stick out for you guys when viewing an image of me. WOW! :)

Thank you Hanzz and Caesar so sooo very much for doing those for me. They're SO cute and funny and just downright neat! I would love to have a small one to hang on the wall some day. LOL :)

FireFytingNut
02-27-2010, 07:35 AM
To Alkratzer .....aka...AL :)

Love what you did and especially the addition of the prison stripes shirt -- probably a LOT of people on this forum and elsewhere who think I should be locked up for crimes against art and man.

I just had to respond to this as I've been catching up on missed portions of the forums and this thread (which has been really cracking me up! lol)

I must admit, the first time I saw your name at a brief glance, I thought it was "Alkatraz!" :o Somehow I'm sure you've heard that before......i think.....LOL It wasn't until I replied to you one day on something that I realized the real spelling! So when I saw the prison stripes I was totally dying laughing thinking "omg! Talk about timing and coincidence that I thought your screen name was a prison and here you are in caricature in prison stripes!!" LOL!!

You're certainly a great sport for it all. :) Just had to tell ya about that.

Caesar
02-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Dear FireFytingNut, strytend was a joke; it was straightened, like Fyting was actually once fighting on an English speaking island we have this part of the Ocean.:D The same as nite, lite etc. (night, light). English is quite funny when it comes to phonetics ...:p
I'm particularly glad You appreciated the chest-nut helmet and You found some likeness in the caricature (the pictures were clear enough, but not perfect ...). I'm sincerely sorry for Your back problems and I hope You're fine now.
Be assured that You look great also in the caricature anyway.
I'm going to put an higher resolution version in my gallery on monday, so You may take it in case.

Jules
02-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Here's to Caesar and Jules.

Enjoy!

P.S. Hope I did mess up anything! :o

An interesting take on Al's technique :cool: not sure about the blue teeth tho hehe. x

Jules
02-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Thank You, dear Lolalot!
I think they're great, although a little disquieting. I'm sure that at Halloween Jules and myself will look gorgeous in these Avatars! :D

This is fab hehe :D

My nickname is spookyjules ;)

Alan
03-08-2010, 04:14 AM
Hey folks, I'm still alive! Sorry for being away for so long, busy busy busy. :o

Have actually had this on my painting to-do list for a while, just now got around to it. Please bear in mind that this is my VERY FIRST portrait / human painting ever. I took the original painting and cropped it, then pushed it up into the top right, I liked the perspective more. During post-processing I couldn't quite get the brightness to pop... not sure if it is the painting or my monitor, monitor is more likely :D

(Total work time 8 1/2 hours)

There is a lot more I wish I could do, but I'm too tired... must... sleep... zzZZzz...

Hope you like it Jessica!

Ailaya
03-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Wow Alan, that looks exactly like the photo! Thank you so much for the wonderful portrait and for all the time you put into it, I love it! :D:o

coops
03-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Thats brilliant Alan, :)

eighty+
05-14-2010, 11:52 PM
:confused: Hi self portrait hot off the press :D 1st time Iv'e tried to sketch myself with a tablet its more akward

eighty+
05-15-2010, 07:34 PM
:D sorry just couldn't resist it was to good to miss only trouble the picture so small or I need new glasses :D

Lima
05-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Fantastic monochromatic drawing of your avatar. Robert's avatar is great. Congratulations Eighty.

eighty+
05-20-2010, 02:44 PM
sorry jules :confused: Hi orianelime glad you liked em roberts avatar I would have liked to seen closer but we can't always win :D

Alexandra
06-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Those are great eight+. I have to say that I love your hat too.:)