PDA

View Full Version : New member introduction

ForArtSake
10-20-2006, 02:54 AM
I just purchased ArtRage 2 today and wanted to introduce myself.

I live in Australia and I do web design and digital art. I have an Intel Mac so I lost the use of Corel Painter 9.5 as it is not universal binary and is too laggy under Rosetta to be of any real use.

So I bought ArtRage 2 to see if it will meet my needs so far as what type of paintings and drawings I do.

You can take a look at some of my paintings on my web site if you like. That's probably the calibre I hope ArtRage 2 can take me to.

So hi everyone :)

AndyRage
10-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Hi ForArtSake, welcome to the forum.
I look forward to having my socks knocked off with your artwork...

D Akey
10-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Welcome.

Got a link? :D

ForArtSake
10-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Welcome.

Got a link? :D

Yep, the link is at the bottom. Just click the teeny tiny www .

D Akey
10-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Learn something new every day. I never knew that was a link. Heck, I could barely even read it. :lol:

Nice stuff.

I think you're going to find that ArtRage does some of the stuff you have in your gallery, but there aren't any blur filters and so forth.

The upside of it is -- you can get more into pulling the image forward with some of the cool materials -- a remarkable brush and so forth. You can get much more thick and painterly, or thin and glazed if you want it, or even use some of the dry media.

If I'm reading your technique from your pics correctly, you could do the paint part as nice and subtle as you've done in the centers all the way up to going crazy toward the edges. Either way, you could take it seamlessly into Photoshop for the filter fx.

I think Gimp and Gimpshop have blur filters, but I only ever looked at Gimpshop (a free program which emulates photoshop) once, since I have Photoshop -- so I don't know for sure.

You may or not be able to get the effect you had, or you may. But I think you'll like your ability to venture down new visual paths, certainly with your skill level.

Try it out.

We pretty much run the gamut in art styles here, and there are a lot of nice folks from all over the world.

:D