PDA

View Full Version : Stilllife with roses and satin.

waheednasir
10-18-2006, 09:07 PM
hi there...i was in a strong mood for oil painting (on canvas), when i painted this digital piece, so I handled it in a very similar way as i wouldve done my oils. i even forgot in the middle of the painting process that im sitting infront of my computer, with a pen (wacom tablet), in my hand...:).
I went for suggestions, with casual, spontaneous brushwork, though I kept the setting/environment very traditional/classical. Ive put enough detail that was required to portray the scene that i had in my mind. My goal here, was to capture various kinds of textures and their look/feel (softness, hardness, reflective, shiny, glossy) and I really enjoyed doing every bit of it...:).
No reference used. This is all self-visualized/composed. All painted in artrage – tablet.

Thanks for coming in…cheers all.

maror
10-18-2006, 09:18 PM
:shock: (here should been written what always is written beneath your pictures)

can you explain how you get that kinfe feeling of your strokes?

greez

speggie
10-18-2006, 09:19 PM
:shock: dont know how you do it matey but yet another marvellous painting waheed............particularly love the satin cloth ..superb details and textures A1 again fella ............ :D :D

D Akey
10-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Sweet lighting. Amazing that you are able to get that detailed without reference. I guess experience accounts for something. :D

I especially like how the light hits the blanket thingy. Good fabric texture.

Rkngel
10-18-2006, 09:21 PM
When I grow up can I want to be a painter like you !!
Amazing textures and lighting friend. You really show off this program.

AndyRage
10-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Waheed, that's just gorgeous! The contrast in textures is breath-taking. The glazed pottery feels glassy just to look at, while the velvety texture of the fabric looks soft and, well, velvety. And the rose petals are fantastic.

You are such a master of light, shadow, and surfaces! It's quite an honour to us here at Ambient Design that you've chosen to express yourself through ArtRage.

[edit - I meant Satiny, not Velvetty.... ]

Peter Pinckney
10-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi Waheed,

stunning!

Regards
Peter

ENCHANTER
10-18-2006, 10:17 PM
I am not worthy...... :shock:

i can feel the satin !, amazing flowers and fabric ...........amazing! :D
you make it seem so effortlessly done.........how long did it take you to get to this point...as in to be able to do pictures like these and without references?

friendly
10-18-2006, 11:21 PM
beautiful, tres bon

philoponia
10-19-2006, 12:16 AM
magnifourous

Fashmir
10-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Another pleasure for the eyes. It is so natural looking, like real oils.

Selby
10-19-2006, 02:27 AM
stunning Waheed :D -love the silk quilt you put under the flowers..a beautiful imagining

Selby

hanzz
10-19-2006, 05:40 AM
THIS
IS
TOP !
8)
breathtaking,...... no reference....which planet you came from ,you say ?

Aged P
10-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Hi Waheed,

True Art as usual. Wonderful (hairan kon?)!

How long did it take to paint?
Did you do an under painting first?

Phil

Weeks
10-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Oh oh oh Waheed... :shock: :? 8)

Just a word : Magnifico... !

Keep stimulate our imagination ..

Best,

Weeks

waheednasir
10-19-2006, 10:18 AM
thats some beatiful feedback...many thanks to all of u...:).

maror...its a simple of knife, nothing special a technique, i just use it randomly to get the effect i want. my approach is very direct (with every tool), just like doing a real painting. thanks for admiring it...:).

speggie...thank u mate...:).

D Akey...thanks...yes i agree on the experience part. i think my real painting experience plays quite a role in my digital work...:). and yes, its all from my mind, completely visualized. no reference. i used to do a lot of life drawings and paintings, with spot lights and a cut cardbox, all arranged. still do whenever i get time. i think that experience helps a lot as well.

Rkngel...thank u so much for your kind words...i would say u are already doing very good...ive seen your work...:).

AndyRage...thank u very much for all the compliment mate...:). actually im the one who feels honored, really. when i get such a nice response from the staff and from all the members here. it always feels great when u get admiration from others who know the things themselves.
thanks for providing this lovely software "Artrage". i find it best to express myself in there.

Peter Pinckney...thank u very much...:).

ENCHANTER...thank u very much for the appreciation...:). im not sure about exact hours, i worked for less than 2 days on and off. i think it took about to 5 hours in total to complete this. yes, its done without any reference.

friendly...thanks u mate...:).

philoponia....thanks a lot...:).

Fashmir...thank u so much...:).

Selby....many thanks...:).

hanzz...thank u so much...glad u like it mate. planet? ah let me remember...:).

Aged P...thank u very much phil...:). took about 5 hours in total, worked on and off for a couple of days. i just apply basic colors first, then put further applications of paint to build up forms. no special technique, i just follow my instincts...:).
hairan kon?...sorry i dont get it, what does that mean?

Weeks...thanks alot...sure mate...:).

lastly many thanks to all of u for all the time, appreciation and for all your kind words. this means a lot to me.

good day.

florida girl
10-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Waheed: ""My goad here, was to capture various kinds of textures and their look/feel (softness, hardness, reflective, shiny, glossy)""
Well, you accomplished your goal! It's all there...
It's your passion for painting that makes them in a class of their own... Very Richly presented. All of your work is a feast for the eyes.

Kind Regards,
Florida Girl 8)

waheednasir
10-19-2006, 11:28 AM
hi there florida girl, thank u so much for coming in and for all your kind words...:). i appreciate. im glad u like my work...:).

cheers.

P.S. ah...that a silly spelling mistake... :lol: . i typed "goaD" instead of "goaL"...well, its correct now...edited...:).

ingie01
10-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Your abilities are quite obvious! Did you state that you work in both traditional and the digital materials?
I found that using traditional media really helped me to jump into the digital.
Keep up the wonderful work

waheednasir
10-19-2006, 01:30 PM
ingie01...thank u ingie01, for liking this...:). yes, i do paint on canvas as well (real painting, using oils) and work as a digital artist too. and yes, doing real paintings do help with digital work...:).

let me share one of my oil painting here (i hope its okay with the Staff):
title: Stilllife with kettle - 2 (Oil on canvas).
actual size: 20" by 24" (h/w).
sold out and its in UK now.

:).

heikki
10-19-2006, 01:41 PM
:)

Nice and fine works, Waheed. Excellent if says so also.

:)

waheednasir
10-19-2006, 07:08 PM
thank u very much heikki...:).

D Akey
10-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Wow, Waheed.

I can't help but think of artistic wealth when I see colors and values like that -- a personal quirk I suppose, but I really like this one.

Looking at it summons up passages of Urdu poetry, and the smell of coffee.

waheednasir
10-20-2006, 03:28 PM
d akey...thats some good observation...:). i enjoyed reading it. thanks for admiring this painting (oils) as well...:).
its actually an arabic kettle, with those small cups (arabians traditional stuff) i painted this when i was in UAE...:).

thanks for coming in again...cheers.

Saga
10-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Ton travail est un merveilleux passp'art pour aller plus loin...si encore possible
Your work is a wanderful passp'art to go further...if possible !
Bravo ! : :D

waheednasir
10-29-2006, 08:53 AM
thank u very much Saga for admiring my work...:).

best wishes.

jacktar51
10-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Waheed........This is Excellence in Artisty.....It is a Masterpiece....Thanks for putting this on............Very well done....Jack.

waheednasir
10-30-2006, 12:41 PM
hey jack...thank u very much for the appreciation...its nice to see u here...:).

cheers.