PDA

View Full Version : Adesso CYBERTABLET 12000???

ScottG
10-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Will ArtRage2 on a Mac OSX 10.4.8 support the Adesso CYBERTABLET 12000 USB TABLET ???

This Tablet works fine on a Mac and has a 12x9 work area, with USB Power.

www.adesso.com/products_detail.asp?productid=275

I want to make sure before I purchase this and the ArtRage2 for Mac OSX 10.4.8

Thanks,

ScottG

DaveRage
10-18-2006, 06:46 AM
Hi Scott, I got your email on this one and sent a reply this morning. Just in case though, the Adesso isn't a tablet we've seen locally and Artrage hasn't been tested with this particular one currently.

However, when ArtRage 2.2 Free version is out ( soon ), you can grab a copy of that and give it a try with your tablet, as the tablet handling will be the same between the free and full. If you do notice any problems, you can send an email to support@ambientdesign.com and I will be happy to work through it with you.

EDIT: If you don't have the tablet yet, you may be able to run the free version with a demo model, if the vendor will allow you to on one of their machines.

Sethren
10-18-2006, 11:06 PM
I have the same model of the Adesso but mine is on a windows system but thus far i have had no issues with it at all under Art Rage 2.2. It works very well.

AndyRage
10-19-2006, 12:27 AM
In theory, so long as the tablet supports the standard MacOSX tablet events, it will work.
But really, trying it out is the only way you'll know for sure. There will be a MacOSX universal binary of ArtRage 2.2 Free version very soon. That will use the same tablet input system as ArtRage 2.2 Full version.
If you can get the tablet on loan for testing, and have the 2.2 Free version of ArtRage, you'll know if you can buy the tablet (and ArtRage!)